I Am Sure

That thing, that moment, when you kiss someone and everything around becomes hazy and the only thing in focus is you and this person and you realize that,
that person was the only person that you're supposed to kiss for the rest of your life,
and for one moment you get this amazing gift 
and you want to laugh and you wanna cry
because you feel so lucky that you found it
and so scared that, that it will go away all at the same time
~Drew Berrymore

***Maddison's POV***

Caroline fell asleep last night and I decided to let her sleep.

When she woke up she got ready and stuff. I didn't want to but she got me to go get her some coffee. It's supposed to take the edge off, that and alcohol but I don't think that would be a good idea right now.

Coming back in the room I dropped the coffees on the floor quickly closing the door.

Caroline was feeding off of nurse.

"Caroline stop, you need to let her go."

"I can't- I need- to feed." she breathed.

"Care listen to my voice, okay. Everything is going to be okay. I promise just let her go and I'll help you."

She slowly took her fangs out of the lady and let go of her.

"Okay." she breathed.

"Now, you need to compel her. Look her in the eyes and tell her to forget this happened." 

"Okay, I can do this." she turned to the woman. "Your going to forget this ever happened. If anyone asks you have a lot of fun at home." she smiled.

The woman repeated the words.

"Let's get you cleaned up." I moved her to the bathroom.

I grabbed a clean cloth and dampened it and started wiping the blood off her face.

"Care, I think I should call Stefan or Damon, because I don't know how to do this." 

"No, no please I don't want anyone to know."

"Your gonna be okay." I wet the cloth. "You just got your fangs. Your a vampire. I'll tell you what I know."

"Okay, please don't be afraid of me."

"I'm not."

"I mean, I know about Stefan and Damon and all that but I'm knew at this- and your blood smells really good has anyone ever told you that." she rambled.

"Once or twice."

"Can I-"

"No you can't unless you wanna kill me." I set the rag down once I'm finished.

"I don't." she sighed.

"Go take a bath, I'll fix up the nurse out there."

"Thank you." she stopped me from leaving the bathroom.

"Anytime." I nodded and left.

"Now, you." I turned to the woman Caroline was feeding on.

Once I'm done with her I place a bandage over it to cover the mark and tell her to leave since she has Caroline's story. 

Caroline is new so she'll get hungry. She needs blood from the vein before she goes nuts.

I took a knife from the breakfast tray Matt brought earlier and slice the palm of my hands letting my blood fall into the glass cup.

"Why can't I put on my necklace?" Care came outside.

"That's because it has vervain. That's not good for vampires. Kind of like poison so stay away from that." I stop when the glass is full.