Katherine Pierce

***Maddison's POV-***

Since I backed out on Miss Mystic Falls and I definitely was not getting on a float Mrs. Lockwood tasked with helping keep everything in place.

She trusts that I, she said and I quote, 'Should be up for a challenge'.

And you really can't say no to that woman. 

I hope that's not how Caroline ends up.

Oh gosh let me not think of that.

This meant I had to reach a little early. 

I crept out of bed leaving Jere to lay there. When I came home last night as promised we watched a movie and he fell asleep half way through. I ended up texting Damon till I fell asleep.

"Lena, you might need to ask Jenna to help you dress I'm leaving." I shook her awake.

She gave me a thumbs up before going back to sleep.

I slipped on my black boots and tightened the bow I tied my shirt in.

I was in a white lacy crop top and a grey long sleeve top piece that tied on my right side, which was tucked in my black high-waisted jeans.

"No, no, the lineup is all wrong. The marching band should be in front of the historical society." I told the people in the marching band.

I wrote down the change on the clipboard I had in my hand walking.

"Matt, time to get on your float." I stopped by him. "Get a few pictures with Caroline first she'd kill if she didn't get them,"

"Eye ey captain." he saluted.

"You guys need to put the chairs on the Founders float they should be getting on now." I passed the guys handling the chairs.

"Jeremy, Alaric's class needs to get on their float now." I told him. 

He nodded and told the others.

"Ty," I stopped by him. "Your collar is supposed to be up." I fixed it putting it as it supposed to.

"Do I look my era?"

"If you don't get on your float now. Then you won't." I walked away to the cheerleaders.

"I need two volunteers to hold the poster at the front on the marching band. Help me out here."

"Don't worry, we got it." the blonde girl on the grass stood up.

"Thank you so much." I turned and crashed into someone.

"You really need to stop bumping into people."

"I'm sorry I'm just in a rush." I checked the box on my list.

The voice then registered and I looked up.

"Alexander?" I asked. "What are you doing here? I thought you left town yesterday?"