New Orleans

***Maddison's POV***

My eyes fluttered open and I squinted adjusting to the light. I could feel the car moving meaning we were still driving. 

Despite being injured I've never felt more at peace. I went to move but stopped realizing I couldn't. I was still on Damon's lap. His hand was wrapped around my waist holding onto me as if I were to disappear. I moved my head resting it on his shoulder watching his sleeping figure.  

I ran my hand that was around his neck through his dark thick hair. 

Noise from outside the car caught my eye making me sit up from Damon's shoulder. There were people playing music, dancing, walking around. I spotted some artist drawing as well. This city never sleeps, huh? 

I expected nothing less. What the research I did on New Orleans. And I mean Google. It was magnificently gorgeous. But a million times better in person. A smile graced my face watching all the smiles and laughter seen by the people. I could see a woman giving a tour around. From what I could tell. We were in the French Quarter. 

This city has more to it that meets the eye.

I could feel the magic and the power coming from this place. Witches. Vampires... there's something else that make me feel connected to this place but that probably my excitement getting the better of me. My smile widen. 

All these supernatural beings and human. It truly is a beautiful sight. An amazing feeling.

Another feeling stirred in my stomach. Nervous. I'm kind of nervous to meet Marcel. He's like the only 'family' I have. He's also a King..... yeah. No need to be nervous right? I wonder what he's like. Is he some stuck up king that tells everyone what to do, where's a cape and never smiles. Or a friendly King. Who loves and respects his people. Smiles and isn't cruel. I don't know what to expect. Thierry didn't talk much about him. He just told us how he's been trying to find me. He told me a little about him. So from that I'm guessing he is not some stuck up king. 

"Ughh. Turn down the noise." I heard Damon mumble. I just chuckled. 

"Good morning." I smiled even if he couldn't see me since his eyes remained closed.

He just pulled me back into his chest and I rested my head back on his shoulder. He planted a kiss on my forehead changing the nervousness in my stomach to..... I don't know.

"Morning princess." he ran his hand through my bloody hair.

"I need to take a bath. Scrub off all this blood."

"That's alright." I looked at him raising an eyebrow. "I mean- you shouldn't be cover in blood but its not bothering me- well not that I like seeing you covered in blood- not that you look bad or anything you still look beautiful-"

"You should, just stop talking." I laughed.

"Probably. I agree."

The car then came to a stop and Thierry came out the car moving to the our side. 

"Ready?"

"I guess."

The car door opened and I sat up from Damon taking Thierry's hand and coming out. 

"I talked to Marcel. He isn't here right now, but there's a room for you two to.... clean up. He'll be back in a couple hours he just had to go do something." I nodded and Damon came out the car as well. "The other vampires are doing something of Marcel's request so you shouldn't bump into anyone." he guided up to the front door of the building. "There is two parts of this place." he opened the door. This place is huge and... and breathtaking.