Night of the Comet

***Maddison's POV***

After visiting Olivia last night, I felt good. I don't know what gonna happen next but I guess I'll just have to wait and find out. 

Tonight was the night of the comet. I was actually looking forward to it, I mean who wouldn't be. The comet hasn't visited Mystic Falls in one hundred and forty- five years. I couldn't help myself. Fries. I don't know why I'm unable to finish a tray of fries. How did I even come to the thought of fries gee.

Right now I'm with Caroline handing out flyers for the comet. Care may be insecure and feels like she's not worth it. But she's my best friend. And my job is to make sure she feels worth it. Just like she does for me sometimes.

"So, what's going on in your brain?" she questioned snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Fries."

"Fries?" 

"Yup. I'm weird."

"Well talk to me. I feel like I've been doing all the talking." she said after handing someone a flyer. "Just shoot. Everything that has been happening recently."

"Well. I'm drawing again. I made a friend. Stefan's brother actually. Damon-"

"Wait. Stefan has a brother? Is he hot?"

"Really Care? Is he hot. That's the first question you have for me?" I glared.

"Welll..... Is he? Your dodging the question." I passed someone else a flyer not answering. 

"Maybe a little I guess."

"You guess?"

"Ughh. Care." I groaned. I handed another person a flyer. 

Not watching where I was going I bumped into someone, making all the flyers fall to the floor.

"I am so sorry." I said moving to the floor to get the flyers.

 I felt a hand over mine causing me to look up. It was Damon. I bumped into him. Again. I stared into his eyes once again. I seem to have a bad habit of doing that. Tearing my eyes from him I looked back down at the flyers I took my hand from his hurriedly picking them up. I might be avoiding him. A little. He called me last night, but I didn't answer. He also message me but I didn't open it.

I stood up and so did Damon. "I am sorry for bumping onto you. Again. And for running out the other day I was late for.... I was supposed to meet someone and I was running kind of late." I blurted out.

"It's fine. I get it. Are you okay? I mean you seemed pretty nervous yesterday." he responded.

"Yeah. I'm great actually." I smiled and he returned it. 

"Hi, I'm Caroline." Care cut in.

"Damon-"

"-Salvatore." she finished glaring at me with a wide eyes and wiggling her eyebrows. 

"Hey, Salvatore. We gotta finish handing these flyers out but, we'll catch up later?" I said walking away pulling Caroline with me.

"Yeah." he smiled.

"What is it?" I asked her.

"You said. A little. That right there was not a little." she said gesturing to Damon.

"Come on we have to get ready for tonight after handing these out so we can both go home and change."

"Alright. But we are talking about this. Like did you see the way you both were looking at each other it wa-"