Coming Home To You

TW: This is literally just soft but swearing lol

You missed work more than any sane person should. You loved staying home with Jack but when the team got a case and Aaron left you felt alone. You knew he couldn't take time off to be with you while you recovered, but that didn't make it hurt any less. Even when he called you every night you still felt sad and alone. Tonight was no different. 

"Honey, are you okay?" Aaron asks you softly. You nod even though he can't see you, "Yeah I'm fine." He knew you were lying, he always did. That man knew you better than you knew yourself most days. "What's wrong?" he sighs. You feel tears forming already, kicking yourself at how sensitive you were. "I just feel alone. It's not your fault but when you're gone I just feel alone," you tell him. You hear him get up but decide not to question it. "I'm sorry, you know I would stay with you if I could," he says softly. You smile, you did know that. That was just the kind of mand Aaron Hotchner was, always putting you and Jack first. "I know. I love you, Aaron Hotchner." He doesn't hesitate for a second, "I love you too baby, try taking a nap with Jack. That always helps you."

"Jack, do you want to watch a movie with me?" you ask the boy. He looks up at you, "Sorry mommy, I have to do something." You try and hide the pain, him saying no to doing something with you was extremely rare. You nod before going back to the bedroom. Was he mad, did I do something wrong? You shrug it off, rolling over in bed, falling asleep slowly. 

You wake up to someone sliding in next to you, assuming it was Jack you stayed put. "Hey buddy," you mumble. "I was expecting a bit more of an enthusiastic welcome but that'll do I guess." Aaron chuckles next to you. You turn immediately, your face lighting up with joy. He pulls you into his chest, wrapping your arms around him. "Hi," you whisper. "Hi," he says kissing your head. "What are you doing here? Don't you guys have a case?" you ask. He nods, "You were more important, if they need anything I have my phone. Needed to make sure my girl was okay," he mumbles the last part. You let out a hum, "I like when you say that." He smirks at you, "What, my girl?" You nod against his chest. "Seems misogynistic I wouldn't let Emily hear you say that." You let out a snort at him using your exact words against you. Jack hops on the bed, wedging himself between you two. "Sorry I said no to a movie, daddy told me it had to be a surprise." You sat in utter shock. "Wow, I didn't know I lived with liars," you say, faking offense. Aaron looks at you with a raised brow, "Did you want me to fly back or.." you shove him softly. "Absolutely not, now you're stuck here. Right, Jack?" He nods looking between you and his father. "I suppose I could stay."

Going back to work felt like the air had returned to your lungs. You missed work more than any sane person should. Before you even knew what was happening you were being lifted off the ground, thrown over Derek's shoulder. "Derek I swear to god, if you don't put me down," you say hitting his back. Hotch walks out of his office, raising a brow. "Aaron! Help me!" you yell at him. He smirks, "Derek, please annoy her." You stare, dumbfounded. Derek puts you down laughing, "Nope, sorry Hotch. You can feel her wrath but I won't." You glare at him, "Smart man, annoying as fuck, but smart." You hear Rossi sigh behind you, "Did anyone notice a lack of the word fuck in Y/N's absence?" You roll your eyes, hugging him. "I missed you too old man." 

When you walk into the briefing room you see cupcakes and a welcome back sign. You turn to Aaron, glaring at him. He puts his hands up defensively, "This was all Spencer and Garcia!" You raise a brow, "I swear!" The team laughs at the two of you. "Hotch I think you're in trouble at home," Derek teases. You snort, "Wouldn't be the first time." They all stare at you, shocked. You notice Aaron blush and are quick to point it out. "Aaron Hotchner are you blushing?" you tease. The whole team stares at him before laughing again. "Shut up," he grumbles, sitting at the table. "Ah, baby don't pout. It only looks good on me and Jack." you tease once more before finally letting them get to the case. You sat next to Hotch and his grip on your thigh was deafening, a sure promise of what was to come. 

A/N- this story is almost over and I'm kind of sad about it lol. probably 3 more chapters and then an epilogue <3