Tequilawine

TW: Swearing, alcohol, mentions of violence, and that's about it. 

You had a rough case, the unsub got out of police custody three times before dying in a shoot-out. Penelope greeted you all with open arms, demanding a girl's drinking night. "Why can't I come?" Derek pouted. "Because it's for the hot people of the BAU" you retort. He holds a hand over his chest pretending to be hurt. Rossi shakes his head, "Y/L/M you need a timeout."  You, Emily, JJ, and Penelope head to the bar by your apartment. "I'll get the shots!" Penelope says giving you all a look. "God she's a gift." Emily jokes.

"You're a gift Y/N, don't forget that." Jasons words ring in your head. Maybe he'd change his mind if he found out you had a thing for Hotch. You excuse yourself from the table to make a phone call. You had been calling his phone leaving voicemails for months, but his inbox never got full. You knew he was listening and it helped in a way. "Hey, it's me. I know you listen to these, or at least I hope you do. We had a really hard case, it would have been easier if you were there. I miss you, I miss your advice. God do I need your advice. I've been thinking about the time we went bird watching, you told me it helped you get clarity. I think you helped give me clarity. I know the team is there for me but I can't exactly tell them I feel something about Hotch. Anyways I miss you, Jason." you hang up. When you walk back to the table there's a glass of wine at your spot, a shot of tequila next to it. You poor the tequila in your wine, the girls all give each other a worried glance. "If you keep calling him it's gonna eat you up." JJ warns. You down the glass before responding, "It helps me forget shit." You leave to get another glass of wine and more shots, knowing their eyes are following you. When you return the entire team is there. No one says anything as you pour two shots into your wine, you look up. "What is drinking illegal now? Here I was thinking it was the whole point." Your words hold an iciness to them. Derek grabs your hand, "I think drinks are good, but dancing is better." He leads you to the dance floor.

"You okay?" he asks, worries laced in his voice. "Mhm, fine really." you don't even believe you. "I thought this was a girl's night" you say as he spins you. "It was, but I decided to crash." you laugh at his ridiculousness. After several songs later you make it back to the both they had moved to, sliding in next to Hotch. You could smell a hint of scotch on his breath, glass half empty in front of him. He looked good like this, cheeks flushed, tie and suit jacket off, he was in between Aaron and Hotch.  Rossi glares at you and you realize you've been starring. You think Hotch knows too because his lips tilt up a bit when you turn hurriedly. "So Rossi are you hosting my birthday dinner?" you ask. "Yes but that's all you get to know." he says in his dad voice. "Okay dad." you tease. Hotch chuckles at you, he knows that you opening up to Dave wasn't an easy task.

An unsub had been ready to shoot you, almost pulling the trigger, when Rossi shot him from the back. You looked up to meet his eyes, he smiled and came to hug you. "You okay kid? He hurt you?" he asks as he starts looking for any damage. "I'm fine Rossi, thanks to you." you smile. "Drinks on me when we get back." he promises. Drinks on him is exactly what happened. "I know you cared for him. He talked about you. We wrote letters to each other occasionally, he always talked about how proud he was of you." A tear rolls down your cheek as he continues, "He called you the daughter he never got to have. He wanted to give you the world." He reaches for your hand. "For what it's worth I'm not trying to replace him, but I do plan on taking care of you for him." You get up and hug him. "Thank you, Dave."

A/N AH HI I LIKE THIS ONE ADHSKNCE. Papa pasta being wholesome. Kind of short sorry but I wanted to build the base of the relationship with Rossi <3