Fix It To Break It

TW: Swearing

This isn't going to be a Hotch pov but it's mostly going to be a conversation between him and Rossi

It had been two months since your fight with Hotch, things at the BAU were tense. The team walked on eggshells around the two of you, scared to leave you alone for more than a second. Derek had been giving him your paperwork at the end of the day. Rossi was the one who corrected you if anything needed to be changed. Hotch never looked at you or spoke to you directly, it was exactly how it was before but ten times worse. You were heartbroken and it seemed like he was thriving. You weren't sleeping and only eating when absolutely necessary. Spencer was the one to finally tell you it was concerning. You knew you had lost yourself a bit but you didn't think it was noticeable. It wasn't until you passed out on a case that you realized you were fucked. Even then Hotch didn't check on you, simply ordering Derek and JJ to take you to the hotel and watch you. 

When you got back Rossi insisted on driving you home, following you to your apartment. "Can I come in? We should talk." You nod, not having the energy to fight with him. "Shower first kiddo, I'll make you something to eat," he says turning to the kitchen. You grab his arm before he can get very far, pulling him into a hug, "Thank you, Dave."

After a shower and a much-needed meal, you and Rossi sat on your couch. "I shouldn't be telling you this but it's for your own good. Aaron and Beth broke up the day after your fight, he was the one to end things. Before you say something I want to explain why-"

Aaron opened the door to let Dave in, Jack was at Jessica's and Dave demanded they speak. "You messed up Aaron. You're an idiot." he says shaking his head. Aaron sits at the table across from the man reprimanding him. "Dave you don't know what's going on."

"I know you're in love with her and yet you still act like a fool. You hurt her, you pushed her away. I may be your best friend but she wasn't wrong last night. Deep down you know that." Dave says. "It's not that simple, I'm her boss. She doesn't even look at me like that, I was just her replacement for Jason." Hotch says looking down. "Fottuto idiota. I was her replacement for Jason you assclown. I'm not going to tell you how she feels about you, it's not my place. But she's hurting. She needed you to be there and you weren't.  When Haley died she was the glue keeping you together, we all know that. You would be a mess if she hadn't been there for you and Jack. You loved her before you even ended things with Haley, we all know it. But she doesn't Aaron, she thinks you hate her. She lost Jason, don't make her lose you too." Rossi says getting up to leave.

"Dave you didn't have to do that," you say, tears forming in your eyes. "Yes I did, he was being stupid. Besides I couldn't let you sit here and be in love with him, doing nothing, for the rest of eternity," he says. "I need to go, I need to talk to him." you say standing abruptly, "Can you lock up for me?"  He nods pushing you out the door. What Dave didn't tell you is that Hotch was in love with you.

A/N AH okay okay next one is one of my favs and a very cute one ily all <3