Does She Know

TW: Swearing

"We have reservations tonight" his words ringing through your head, drifting into thought

"Y/N I know we were going to have a movie night with Jack but Jessica took him last minute, I booked us a reservation at Meritage," Hotch says turning to hold the door open for you. "Aaron you really didn't have to," you say. "Come on or we'll be late," he says, reaching for your hand holding it, dragging you to his car. You note that he immediately goes to your side, opening and shutting the door for you. "Ever the gentleman," you tease when he gets in. He rolls his eyes starting the car, resting an arm on your seat, turning to back up the car. Fuck it was hot when he did that. It truly was the little things with that man. 

You were two drinks in, nothing but one of Derek's old t-shirts on, sitting on your bed.

"Red or white wine?" the waiter asks. "Red, do you have Masseto? It's her favorite," he asks. The waiter nods going to fetch you a bottle. "You remember my favorite wine?" you ask raising a brow. He shrugs, "I remember a lot about things that are important." So you're important to him. 

Two drinks turned to three, which turned to four, which turned to drinking yourself off your ass. Hotch always seemed to be your drunk dial. "This is Aaron Hotchner, I can't come to the phone right now but I'll get back to you as soon as possible."

"I had fun tonight, thank you," you say walking into your apartment. "I did too, we should do this more often." you smile up at him. You honestly expected him to drop you off and leave, but you should know better by now. His hand finds your waist, the lights still off in your apartment. He pulls you closer, you can feel his breath on your face, after your birthday that had become your favorite feeling. You stare in each other's eyes for what feels like ages before his phone rings, his hands leaving your sides.

"You know I was thinking, does Beth know about me. Like obviously she knows I exist but does she know about me. Does Jack like her as much as he likes me? Does she know about the night in my apartment after dinner? If your phone hadn't rung maybe we could've been where you and Beth are. I hope she knows I had you first Aaron." you hang up. A few minutes later bubbles pop up in your chat with him, but they quickly disappear. He never brought the voicemail up. 

A/N okay hi I just wanted to write jealous energy ok bye