Spencer

TW: Swearing and violence 

It was 3 AM and you couldn't sleep. It wasn't like you weren't tired, you were, but you felt like you needed to be awake like something was going to happen. At 3:07 your phone starts ringing, seeing Spencer's name you answer immediately. "Hello?" you answer. No response. "Spencer? Are you there?" you ask getting worried. The line goes dead. You thought maybe he accidentally called you, putting your phone down thinking nothing of it. It's when your phone rings again you get worried, yet this time it isn't Spencer, it's Jason. "Jason? Hello?" you answer. "Hello SSA Y/L/N, nice to know you answer quickly." a man says on the other end of the phone. "Who is this? Why do you have this phone?" anger and worry rising in your throat. "Let's just say I'm a friend of a friend. See I've got your little boy toy here with me. Reid is it?" your breath audibly catches in your throat, "I'll take that as a yes. Well, you call your unit chief and tell him I'm ruining his life like he ruined mine." With that, the call ends. You don't even bother getting changed before grabbing your keys and heading to Hotch's house, probably breaking the law at least five times. You bang on his door, knowing Jack isn't home this weekend. No one answers so you bang the door harder, louder. It opens quickly, "Y/N? What the hell are you doing here? And why aren't you wearing a shirt?" he asks. Shit. You realize you hadn't thrown a shirt on, only being in leggings and a sports bra. "I- I. Someone has Reid and Jason's phone they called me twice but they said I had to tell my unit chief he was going to ruin your life like you ruined his and I don't know how to breathe-" you pause taking a deep breath. Hotch pulls you inside. "I'll get you a shirt and then we'll call the team okay?" you nod not being able to speak again yet.

You and Hotch walk into the briefing room, everyone noting you had his shirt on. "Somone took Reid," he says. You go to sit next to Derek, opting for his lap instead. He holds you close to him as you cry silently. "Wait what? When? How do we even-" you cut JJ off. "Uhm the unsub called me, I thought it was Spence at first but then he called from Jason's phone and told me he had him. Said he wants to ruin Hotch's life or something." you sniffle, Derek's grip on you tightening. "Penelope, can you trace the calls?" Dave asks. She taps away before looking at you directly, "Good and bad news, bad news I can't get a location. The good news, it wasn't Jason's phone. Yours was hacked to make it look like it was Jason, it was just a burner." You let out a sigh, "So Jason is safe?" She looks at you safely, "From all the tech aspects yes, he isn't involved at all." You turn to Derek crying even more. He rubs your back soothingly, "So what? Some guy is pissed at Hotch so they kidnapped boy wonder?" he asks anger evident in his voice. "Y/N I know this is hard but-" you cut Hotch off, "You need to interrogate me." he nods. 

"So when did the first call come through," Hotch asks

"3:07 I think, I hadn't fallen asleep. I was exhausted but I felt like something was going to happen, my body couldn't rest. When he called I answered immediately, but no one spoke. Right after he hung up he called again. I only answered because I thought it was Jason." you reply

"Why would Jason call you? Has he before?" 

"No, but I leave him voicemails a lot. His inbox never gets full so I think he listens to them. It helps me." you avoid eye contact, not seeing the way Hotch's heart breaks as he hears that. 

"What did he say about me? Did he say my name?" 

"No, he said 'call your unit chief and tell him I'm ruining his life like he ruined mine'. It was like he didn't know your name, just knew you existed. He didn't seem angry, he was calm. Eerily calm." 

"Did he sound familiar? Think back to it, even the slightest hint of something." 

"Actually yeah, he sounded like-" you pause looking up wide-eyed.

"He sounded like who?" Hotch asks, a worried look on his face. 

"Foyet," you whisper. He stands abruptly, knocking the table, it hitting you slightly. "Hotch it could be anyone, I haven't slept I could be wrong." He looks up, "And what if you're not!" Rossi comes in after that, "Aaron she needs sleep. You got what you could. Let her rest and reevaluate it after." Hotch sighs, directing you towards his office. "Do you need a blanket or anything?" he asks. You shake your head and lay on his couch. He doesn't take that as an answer and places a blanket over you, you look up confused. "I still have it from before the divorce, just never took it home." he shrugs. You nod slowly, eyes closing. 

You woke up to whispers by Hotch's desk, Dave and him discussing something. He looks up to see you waking up. "Hey, you sleep okay?" You nod, "Have there been any updates?" you ask. They glance at each other. "We think it's a bureau employee," Rossi says. You sit up abruptly, "What why? How??" Hotch looks at you, "Garcia found that Foyets files have been stolen, the guy is probably pissed at me and using the case as a manipulation tool." You nod, understanding. "I just want to get Spence back," you say tears forming in your eyes. 

"His name is Evan Hunt, he joined the bureau 8 years ago. He's been looking at the Reaper case ever since he joined, back then no one cared because it was an open case. He tried seeing Foyet in prison, claiming he was sent by you sir." Garcia looks at Hotch. "He also hasn't been to work for 3 days. I've got a current address and an abandoned family house." she finishes. "Emily you and Rossi go to the apartment, we'll take the house."

The apartment was empty so Rossi and Emily headed to the house, you all waiting for them before entering the house. He had to be here, you could feel it. That was the thing about you and Spencer, you sensed each other. It was like Jason making you work siblings gave you a sixth sense for each other. You heard a gunshot before you were all ready, your vest only half on. Hotch tried grabbing you, reading your mind, but you had already started sprinting. "Y/N!" the team screams, running after you. You found Spencer tied to a chair in the living room, "Hey, hey, you're okay." you pause looking around, the team coming in to find the unsub. "Spence I've got you okay. You're fine now. Are you hurt? Did he hurt you?" you ask untying him. "No, no I'm fine. He just wanted to get to Hotch." your face drops at his words, and then there's another gunshot. "Hotch!" you yell over the mic. "He's gone," Rossi responds. You look up and run to the basement where the shot came from, Hotch and Rossi standing over the unsub. "Jesus fuck Dave I thought you said Hotch died," you yell punching his arm. "Can't get rid of me that easy, sorry to disappoint." Hotch jokes. "Wow Hotchner, was that a joke? In the field? Hell is freezing over right before my eyes." you tease, walking up the stairs with both men. "Yeah, yeah. Mention it and you're fired." You roll your eyes, "Sir, yes sir."

A/N HI OKAY I WANTED TO DO THIS IDK WHY TO BE HONEST ITS KIND OF A FILLER LOL