Babysitters Club

TW: Swearing, that's it. Mostly a soft chapter lol

"Hello?" you mumble answering your phone, the clock only reading 8 AM. "Hotch do we have a case?" You hear him take a deep breath, "Can you come to watch Jack? I wouldn't ask if-" you cut him off. "Let me get ready, I'll be there in 15." He says a quick thank you before hanging up. Why did he call you of all people, JJ could have brought Henry. Penelope was a better candidate than you. Choosing to ignore the part of you that thinks maybe, just maybe, he trusts you more with Jack for a different reason, you leave. 

"Hey is everything okay? You look upset." you ask reaching out to grab Hotch but he pulls away. "I'm fine Haley just wants to talk, says it's urgent. Probably going to tell me I'm a neglectful father or something. Thank you for doing this Y/N... it means a lot." He smiles and leaves, telling you to call if anything happens. Jack runs to hug you, "Y/N! Can we watch spiderman?" You smile, this kid was pure joy. "Of course buddy." It wasn't until three hours later that Hotch came back through his front door. "Daddy!" Jack yells, informing you of his arrival. You stand and see Hotch hugging his son, telling him to give you a minute. "Thank you, how much do I owe you?" he asks. "Jesus Hotch you don't owe me a thing. Seriously, if you want to repay me you can tell me what's wrong." He nods and you both stand over his kitchen island, "Haley thinks I'm neglecting Jack, that I'm not a good father anymore." You're absolutely baffled. "Haley is full of shit." you say without thinking. He looks at you in shock. "Sorry. But Hotch really?" He avoids your eyes so you try again. "Aaron I know shitty fathers, you're not one of them. Part of the reason you throw yourself into this job is to make the world safer for Jack. Jack is lucky to have you, the team is lucky to have you. If Haley can't see that, it says more about her than it does you." He hugs you, something you never thought would happen. "Thank you." he whispers. "I'll see you tomorrow Hotch" you say before leaving.

Holy fuck holy fuck holy fuck. Aaron  Hotchner hugged you. You could still smell him. Your body was still warm. On one hand, you need an ice-cold shower but on the other, you never want to lose the smell of him. You need to see Derek.

"Haley is a bitch." you say the second he steps foot in your apartment. "You mean like Hotch's ex-wife Haley?" he asks with his brows raised. You nod pouring drinks for the two of you. "Bad dad my ass, maybe she should meet mine." you mutter. "Y/N you know I love you but what the hell are you talking about." You look up at him. "I babysat Jack today because Haley wanted to talk to Hotch about how bad of dad he is. I mean has she met him? He's the farthest thing from a bad dad." you down your drink and pour another but Derek takes it from you. "Oh my god. You like Hotch." he lets out with a laugh. "What?! Derek, what the fuck are you talking about? I don't like Hotch, I just dislike Haley." He nods ignoring your blatant lie. Sure you disliked Haley, the whole team did, but this was different. You defended Hotch like it was your life mission.

The next few weeks you distanced yourself from Hotch, you needed to figure out what was going on in your head. Rossi finally confronts you. "C'mon," he says as he yanks you into his office. "Dave what the fuck are you doing!" you yelp. "Language young lady." you roll your eyes but he continues. "You're ignoring Aaron. I want to know why." you stare at him and he waves his hand as if to say go on now. You sigh, "I'm not ignoring him, I'm just putting my energy elsewhere." Now it's his turn to roll his eyes. "He told me what you said, about him being a good dad." you look away quickly. "I just said what anyone else on the team would have." you mutter. "Mhm, sure. We have a case." and he never mentioned it again.

A/N Okay another short chapter but the next one is longer so I wanted a short one. The next one is Haley dying and the months following so uhm be prepared lol <3