Little Did I Know

TW: swearing lol that's it, this is just fluff of telling Jack and the team. 

The sun peeked through the window as you lay in Aaron's arms, starting to wake up. "Good morning," Hotch mumbles in your ear. You turn in his arms, wrapping your arms around him. "Hi." you smile. "We have today off, can we stay in?" He smiles at you, squeezing you. "Of course, Jack gets back in a few hours," You nod, "So we should get ready soon.." you pout as the words come out of your mouth. He places a soft kiss on your lips. It was truly amazing the effect this man had on you, one simple peck on the lips and you were breathless. "I have a question," he says pulling away. "Ask away," you tell him. "Is it okay if we tell Jack about us today?" he avoids your eyes. You can't help the tears forming in your eyes. You grab his face, making him look you in your eyes. "There's nothing I want more," you say kissing him.

You aren't exactly sure how or when you fell back asleep but you did. When you make your way down the hall you hear Jack and Aaron talking, "Does that mean she's gonna be my new mommy?" Jack asks. You feel your heart swell at his words, smiling to yourself. "You have to ask her but maybe one day, are you okay with that buddy?" Hotch asks. "I hope she stays forever," Jack tells his father. You can hardly contain the joy running in your veins, "I hope so too," Hotch says softly looking up to smile at you walking in. "Y/N! Will you stay forever?" Jack asks you grabbing your hand. You sit down next to Aaron, feeling his gaze on you. "I'll try my very best Jack," you say hugging him.

"I hear Hotch has a girlfriend," JJ says, you almost choking on your drink. Hotch was up at the bar getting more rounds for the team. "Hotch? As in the hardass who stays at the office all night?" Derek asks. You hadn't told anyone on the team, not even Derek. Rossi of course knew because he's the reason you were together. "He has been leaving earlier than usual lately," you add to the conversation. Rossi shakes his head, "Got something to add Italian?" Emily asks. "I'm not telling any of you anything." Penelope squeals, "So he does have a girlfriend!" Rossi shrugs. Derek leans in, whispering to you, "Sorry Y/N". Hotch walks back and the conversation immediately ends. "So there's something I need to tell you guys.." you start. Everyone, including Hotch, whipping their heads to look at you. Rossi and Hotch had their mouths open slightly. "I'm kind of uh dating Hotch." you mutter. Hotch smirks at you, "I thought we weren't telling them yet?" You shrug, "They know you have a girlfriend might as well know it's me." Derek laughs next to you. Penelope and JJ squeal, Emily just stares mouth agape. "Rossi what the fuck! You knew about this?" she scolds. "You think these two assclowns got together on their own?" Rossi says. You roll your eyes, leaning into Aaron's arm around your shoulder. "Fuck off Dave," you groan. Everyone looks at you with wide eyes. "Oops, my bad that was an inside thought." you laugh. Hotch kisses your head, "You're gonna get punished for that," he whispers, making you shiver. Rossi just glares at you, "You need to watch your fucking profanity!" the man scolds. Everyone laughed and the night went on like that, joking and being close to Aaron. It was nice not having to hide it anymore.

That night when you were doing your skincare you felt Aaron wrap his arms around your waist, "You don't have to be okay with it you know." You look at him in the mirror smiling, "What do you mean?" He stands up straight, hands finding the pockets of his sweatpants. "I know you heard Jack ask if you could be his new mom. I don't expect that from you. You're young and-" you cut him off turning around. "Don't do that. You already know you're age doesn't matter to me, for god's sake I'm not that much younger. I don't want to seem like I'm trying to replace Haley. I would be so damn happy if Jack saw me as a mother to him." you say avoiding his eyes. He hugs you, softly kissing your head. "What would us Hotchner boys do without you?" he says softly. "Wither up and die, that's what." you joke.

A/N oops okay sorry this is softtttt also I'm thinking of having this be about 30ish chapters so just a bit more to go but this does hint of how I may end the story <3