Chapter 21

Kaden pov.

WE HAD ARRIVED AT HEATHER'S HOME AFTER HER CRAZY IDEA, THAT WE SHOULD BATHE ON THE BEACH IN THE COLD WEATHER. That girl makes me weak in my knees. She was gorgeous. The way she posed on the beach laughing as if nothing else mattered in the world made my heart skip a beat.

Marcus and I had followed Heather and Aubrey into the kitchen not knowing what to do. We hadn't been in their group for long.

Heather yelled for her mom that she was home and her mother came out saying hi to the others casually before she asked what our names were.

Her mother asked for our names and I answered for both of us politely "I'm Kaden Mrs. Brooks and the blond-haired guy over there is Marcus," Her mother assured me that there was no need to be this polite after all she was used to Heather, Aubrey, Caleb, and Hamilton.

Her mother was a sweet woman who didn't seem older than thirty eight. She must have had them when she was quite young.

All of us went to her room and two guys rushed to the bed. I figured out that their names were Jason and Grayson, I think.

Aubrey told them to make space for her as well.

We followed Heather to her room, and when we got there, she looked confused as the question left her red lips.

"So, what do you guys want to do?"

Aubrey, Marcus and I shook our shoulders not knowing what to do.

Heather sighed and thought for a moment when it looked like an idea hit her.

"We could go to the fight club," She said excitedly.

The fight club. Which one? There were two in this town. One of them was controlled by powerful mafias. Where the other was top secret, she couldn't possibly know about that one. Either way this wasn't good. People would recognize us and then target her.

Marcus and I shared a nervous glance with each other, before agreeing on the idea. Everything else would seem weird.

Aubrey and Heather had gone outside to discuss something and Marcus had whispered furiously to me that this was a terrible idea.

The other guys had said something about warming up and about how all of them could beat my ass. The only one who didn't try was Grayson. He stayed in bed simply watching. Which left me slightly concerned. Jason had tried first but didn't last long before I had locked him on the floor. When I was in a vulnerable position Caleb attacked. But I turned the second he tried defending myself. The girls entered the room staring at all of us weirdly and Grayson shook his shoulders as if he didn't know what was happening as well.

Aubrey and Heather went out the door and rushed down the stairs as we followed. Half down the stairs, Heather tripped at one of the steps and fell. I tried to catch her but tripped myself. So, I kind of caught her, but I fell with her. She began laughing at me, which I couldn't enjoy more. Her laugh was adorable, but funny at the same time.

She said sorry while we were facing each other, my hands on her hips and her hands on my chest. She struggled and got up waiting for me to tag along.

We entered the kitchen where they were eating again. Heather and I shared a glance before making our way towards them asking for a slice.

We got into her car as she started driving on her way towards this fight club of hers.

Aubrey had asked Marcus and I whether we had been there before. We had shared a glance before saying no.

Of course I had been there. I was the leader of the black Eagles. It would be absurd if I hadn't. We always go to the two fight clubs to maintain our status as the most feared and wanted mafia. I couldn't enlighten them about that fact. So we stayed silent.

"What club" Marcus and I asked even though we were fully aware of which club they meant.

"So, it's this awesome strip club Aubrey and I strip work at" Heather said probably smiling her adorable smile.

But that didn't mean our eyebrows didn't fly to the sky, at the moment she said it.

Because who knew, I heard rumors about it at school. She didn't exactly have the best reputation around school. So maybe that innocent side of her was just a cover.

Of course, Marcus didn't understand the joke and asked "W-what" innocently.

That boy and his stupidity. They told us they were kidding, and Marcus and I relaxed again sitting in silence for the rest of the car ride.

When we arrived at the club, Heather rushed out and locked up after her.

She was already in the club. When we got inside of the club, faces of known small gangs looked at us with respect. All of them stared at Aubrey who headed straight for the bar.

I glanced around for Heather, but I couldn't spot her in between the crowd of people dancing or cheering on whoever was fighting.

I'm sure she was able to fight well. But this club had shady people and I wouldn't want her to get into trouble with those kinds of people. If they figured I knew her there would be trouble, and she would get hurt. I would hurt anyone who laid a finger on her. But that would cause a lot of troubles between the peace that held over the mafia and small gangs beneath.

Marcus had gone to tell the guys to cover up. I got glares and looks which were mixed with fear, hate and respect. Nothing, I wasn't used to.

I looked around, my eyes searching for Heather again, but she wasn't anywhere.

I saw Marcus discussing something with the guys. I went over there and they greeted me. I said my hello's before grabbing Marcus, making him get Aubrey.

I'm not sure whether she can be trusted enough yet. So I had to be careful ebing on the territory of the mafia's shared place.

When I glanced through the crowd once more I saw her with Jake, talking.

That can't be good for sure.

Once Jake saw me walking towards them with a furious expression he left quickly, which made me interrupt her conversation with him. I grabbed her arm making a sign to Jake to shut up.

We went to the car and while we walked towards the others she sneered at me.

"I was having a conversation with hi-"

I hated to frustrate her, but it's for her own good. It would make me suffer to know she got hurt because of me and Jake had already said too much for her own good.

As we got to the others, Heather complained about her not getting to fight.

Marcus and I exchanged looks knowing she might have got a clue.

Aubrey was driving us all towards Heather's place. The moment Aubrey reached Heather's driveway she bolted out of the slowly moving car and ran directly towards her room. Heather had spent the whole way home complaining about us leaving so soon.

When we got to her room, Marcus started chuckling then his chuckling turned into complete laughter making the rest of us curious. when we arrived at her door looking into her room we understood why he was laughing.

Heather had stuffed her head into the pillow "It's not funny" she yelled into the pillow and her voice came out all muffled by the pillow blocking her sound.

Hamilton told her what we all thought, that it was indeed funny, and she was acting like a five-year-old. Which made us all chuckle again.

Hamilton went into the room closing the door behind him telling us they needed to talk.

My first thought when he said so was

Jake.

I went down the stairs and outside dialing Jake's number, calling him. It rang two times before he picked up, and said "hey, what's up man".

I looked up at the dark sky taking in a breath. 

----

Edited 09-03-22

Thank you for reading! 

Remember to vote, share and comment.