Chapter 14

I WENT OUT AND WALKED TOWARDS NATHAN AND AUBREY. "Hey, you two. I'm stealing her, sorry Nath." I grinned and walked away with my arm connected with Aubreys.

We entered the cafeteria and people gathered around at the tables with their attention on us. Aubrey and I shared a well-known look and at each table, we passed whispers could be heard.

We sat down at our table and I started eating my three pizza slices. Aubrey always exclaims it's unfair how she only got two. What can I say I'm loved at this school.

Someone sat at our table and when the person turned around a smile found my face.

Of course, it's charming.

"Charming? What are you doing here?" I asked myself more than I asked him.

He looked at me, and a smile stretched on his lips.

"Princess! It's so good to see you it feels like forever!" He joked due to the fact we met this morning. Where I introduced him to everyone and the smile only grew wider.

I looked at him and shook my head smiling "How has your day been so far?" I smiled genuinely.

Aubrey stared at me and I completely forgot about her.

I smiled at her and invited her to join in on the conversation if she wanted to. But she just sad and stared at Marcus- He was handsome, he had some blond curly hair. A bit of a mess at the moment as if you had run your fingers through your hair too many times. His smile was darling, straight pearl white teeth and to finish off with his jungle green eyes. A total catch. I understood why she was looking at the handsome stranger in front of us.

They greeted each other so casually.

"My day has been filled with eager high school girls trying to get a piece of your knight in shining armor." He winked as a grin spread on my face. He has the personality of Caleb and I loved it.

Aubrey and Marcus began exchanging a few words and it was like watching a love novel starting. I simply sat back checking my phone for messages. The others had started filling in greeting Marcus as if he had been a part of our group the whole time.

As the guys talked for a bit, the whisper started again around the cafeteria and even I scrunched my face confused. Normally it only happened once a day. So even I got curious to see what the talking was about.

When I turned around I saw what soon happened to be my best memory. Melissa stood in front of Mr. Handsome, better known as Kaden. She kept trying to bash with her eyelashes and flirt with him. Kinda like an animal marks its prey. She twirled her hair around her finger trying way harder than any other girl around the school.

A lot of girls envied her. Why I didn't know. If you looked around you saw girls glaring at her and Kaden while others didn't even notice Melissa because they were too busy stripping him naked in their mind.

If you're wondering, Melissa, is our school's queen bee. She shares the ruling of the high school with us and the golden boys. Even though everyone forgot about them by now. Melissa is your typical mean girl, not much on the first floor and all to think about is how not to get a broken nail and make life a living hell for people who don't obey.

She wasn't smart and didn't care enough about school to change that. All she cared about was her status and daddy's money.

My eyes changed to every girl's focus, him. Kaden looked incredibly uncomfortable. It was as if he tried to back away but she kept following him. His face said it all. 'Back off. But of course, Melissa didn't understand that. How could she?