Chapter 5

"I heard you're a player. Nice to meet you, I'm the coach." ~ Unknown

———

"I NEED TO GO TO CLASS SO LET GO OF MY WAIST?" I asked, getting slightly annoyed by each second that passed by. I didn't mind being late, but if I could avoid it. I would. Especially when I'm on the school grounds. So if he causes me to be late, we have problems.
He seemed amused by my question and removed his hands slowly making sure to keep eye contact all the way through his movements. He took a step back and did a movement as 'you're free to go'.
Who was that guy, I swear I've seen him before? 
"Thank god, it took you a long time. Bye handsome"
I walked towards my class in a rush. I had gotten my books before the incident with the handsome stranger. I wondered whether he noticed me as well. Maybe it was the observing bandana guy from the other day. The one who had the memorizing eyes.
"Miss Brooks, you're late. Do you have an excuse?" Ms. Tealie asked.
An annoyance filled my gut as I looked down at my shoes and back up at her. I shrugged my shoulders and replied no, followed by a stupid thing as per usual.
"Sit down Ms. Brooks, or you'll gain detention." She said calmly.
I went to my seat and sat down, calming my nerves. Something was unusual. Normally I was controlled and had myself calm. Today I was all over the place.
She continued her teaching, while I sat doodling on my paper. I wondered how long we had left and wanted to get out of here. I was about to ask Aubrey when I noticed her angry features. She whisper-yelled at me and asked where I had been, confused.
I responded to her that I hadn't been sweet-talking to the nerd with my glasses.
She chuckled, "I did good right?".
"Aubrey and Heather be quiet, now would you?" Ms. Tealie ordered. "Sure Ms. tea," I said impertinently.
"Heather, it's Tealie, and now let's continue," she said calmly.

As the lesson went by, Aubrey and I were half asleep. But again, can you blame us? Those lessons where the teacher is talking until your ears bleed, and you aren't supposed to fall asleep? Well then teach me, because I don't know how people do that.  It was not just boring; it was like the kill me the type of boring.  As Ms. Tealie dismissed us, Aubrey and I snatched our stuff and rushed out of this boring classroom. My mind kept running back to the guy I bumped into. What was it that seemed so familiar...?

Aubrey and I walked down to the parking space, to see the guys already waiting for us.
"What's up fools, how long have you been waiting?" I said as if I cared.
"About thirty minutes, what took you guys so long?" Jason said and shifted annoyed. I looked at him and his face changed to even more annoyed when Aubrey decided to give them the whole explanation about how I was late for the class which caused Mrs. Tealie to extend the lesson by 20 minutes for only Aubrey and me. Then she decided to elaborate and explain even further about my incident, with my girl hour arriving today.

All of them looked at Aubrey with disgust. They also told her she didn't have to go into that much detail. She just shrugged and told them they asked and didn't specify how much they wanted to know.

We'd laughed together, as their expressions changed and they began to shift awkwardly.

"Not so tough now, are we Jason?" I asked slightly interested.

He just waved me off like usual, when he gets embarrassed. After Aubrey's explanation to the guys, we all got settled into different cars. As Jason began to drive in front of us out of the parking lot. Caleb turned on the radio on full blast. I didn't mind if it were another song, but the fact he was ear rapping us with one direction "what makes you beautiful" didn't help.

No wonder Aubrey joins him in on his ear rapping session and begins to sing with him on the top of their lungs.

Someone, please kill me now.

I couldn't help laughing at the two dying cats next to me and behind me. Especially when they reached the sentence in the song "What makes you beautiful" They tried hitting the high vocals and ended up sounding like a drowning mouse.

They both faltered into laughter after their failed attempt to reach the high note and sat blaming one another that it was them that didn't hit it.

After about a twenty minutes car ride we arrived at the wealthier neighborhood of our city. Here every house you pass leaves you in awe. There are huge mansions in every house along the road, with fancy entries and gardeners that are making everything look perfect.

We soon arrived at Aubrey's giant villa, or what other people call a mansion. We walked down into the basement. Which is Aubrey's place except for her house in the garden. But this is the place we always meet.

Grayson and Jason had arrived before us and sat down at the couch playing a violent video game. I went and sat down next to them tagging along. We sat playing call of duty on consoles. We had been playing for about an hour and the guys weren't thrilled. Every one of them had sat down trying to beat me. I was having a good day.

They ended up outnumbering me and still made the mistake of believing they had me.

"YOU'RE CHEATING" Jason exclaimed annoyed.

I was wondering how I should respond. It was a compliment, but he just sucked. Normally he beats me in every game. But today went well.

"If that's what helps you sleep at night, then keep on believing that." I scoffed.

"Jason just admits the fact that she's better than us," Caleb and Grayson laughed.

"No, I won't admit something that isn't true!" He kept saying repeatedly.

"Yeah if you say so" I joined Grayson and Caleb's laughter as well with Aubrey.

"So how is the bet going?"

———
(Edited 14/01/22)

Thanks for reading!

Remember to Comment, share and vote! Thank you.