The Funeral

The next few days were a blur for everyone. Harry hardly spoke or looked at anyone in the eyes. Today was going to be one of the hardest days, it was the day of the funeral. Victoria was going to walk down to the funeral with Harry, even if he didn't want her too, but she couldn't find him. She looked everywhere, in every room, and then it finally hit her. She knew where he was.

She slowly opened the door to Dumbledore's office to see Harry sitting in the chair looking out onto Hogwarts grounds.

"Harry," she said in a quiet voice. His back was facing her, but he didn't turn to see her walking in. He didn't move, didn't speak. Victoria walked over to where he sat and placed a gentle hand on his shoulder. He slowly reached up and grabbed her hand with his. For a moment that just sat like that, both staring out into the beautiful hills. It was a cloudy day, fitting for the occasion.

Victoria was about to ask him if he was ready to walk down, but he spoke before she could. "We can't do this anymore. I have to finish this on my own." His voice was cold, something Victoria wasn't used to with him.

"Harry, I'm going to help you. Ron and Hermione are going to help. We can do this, together." Victoria spoke in a reassuring voice. Harry didn't move or speak, so she continued. "I know you think that we shouldn't get involved, but we aren't going-"

Harry stood up so quickly it startled Victoria into taking a few steps back. He turned to face her. A look of determination across his face. "Damn it, Victoria. You can't help me. I'm doing this alone. He took a few steps towards her, she moved back a few steps out of instinct, her back was now against the wall. "We are fucking done. I don't need you; I don't need anyone" He got in her face and looked her dead in the eyes has he spoke. Victoria could feel the tears streaming down her cheeks, he didn't mean that. Surely, he didn't mean that she thought.

"Leave me the hell alone and don't come chasing me out of here. We are done," Harry said through clenched teeth. His voice was still cold as ice. He looked at her in her eyes, saw the tears running down her face. He flinched, as if he was going to wipe the tears away but stopped himself and stormed out of the office. 

Victoria stood there for a moment. Trying to process what had just happened. The tears continued to flow. She took in a shaky breath, trying to steady her breathing and slowly exited the office. She walked down the stairs, into the courtyard, and took a seat next to Hermione before the funeral began.

Hermione turned to her and saw the redness in her eyes. "Are you okay?" Hermione asked in a concerned tone.

Victoria nodded, now was not the time and place to tell her what had just happened.

The funeral was beautiful. Friends, families, creatures of all sorts came from everywhere to honor the life of Albus Dumbledore. Victoria didn't hear much of what was actually said at the funeral, rather she watched Harry, who stood alone in the front corner or where the service was being held. She saw tears coming down his face and wanted to do nothing more than get up and hug him, hold him, be there for him.

At the conclusion of the funeral, everyone rose and were saying their goodbyes. Victoria saw Harry turn to walk back towards the school and turned to Hermione and Ron. She spoke quickly and in a frantic voice, "We have to stop Harry. He is trying to do things on his own, please come help me."

Without waiting for their response, she took off in the direction Harry had just turned to go. They all caught up to him about the same time and before anyone could say anything, Ron spoke.

"Where the bloody hell do you think you are going," It wasn't a question, it was a statement.

Harry's eyes fell on the three of them but rested on Victoria. She felt the breath catch in her throat and braced for impact.

"I thought I told you not to fucking follow me. I don't need any of you to help me. I have to do this alone," Harry said through gritted teeth. He didn't look as angry as he sounded, in fact Victoria saw a tear fall as he spoke. He turned to walk away again, but Ron grabbed him by the shoulders.

"We aren't going anywhere. You can push us away all you want mate, but you aren't the only one who promised Dumbledore something. All of us did too, we all promised we would help you. And that's what we are going to do. We are going to help." Ron spoke in a firm voice. He didn't let go of Harry. Harry didn't speak, didn't move.

"You have to tell us what you have to do though, Harry. All of us," Hermione said in a calming voice. Ron continued to hold Harry, waiting on him to react.

Finally, he spoke and said, "I can't lose all of you either, I couldn't live if I lost you." He his voice wasn't cold like it had been earlier, rather it was filled with worry, almost more like dread. Again, he spoke to each of them, but his eyes were fixed on Victoria.  

"As long as we are together, then you aren't going to lose us, Harry. But you can't push us away," Victoria said. She saw Hermione nod out of the corner of her eye; she didn't want to break eye contact with Harry.

Harry stared at her for a moment, then nodded. Ron slowly released his grip on his shoulders and patted him on the back.

"We should get to work then," Hermione said with a small smile. "Tell us what we are looking for."