The Family

*Hey friends!! Thanks for coming to read my story. A little note about this story, it follows the events of Harry Potter books/films with a twist here and there! You will notice some different things and some that are very similar. I wanted to keep in true fashion of story telling so it gets more intense as the story picks up. I update everyday so please stick with it!!! It's a Harry fic, I will be writing a dramione after this one is done. It gets spicer as you read and I try to put a notice before each chapter if there is any intensity to be cautious of! Let me know what you think in the comments, helps me improve!! XOXO*

Victoria was not one to complain, but the thick air of Kings Cross Station was almost more than she could bare. Maybe it was just the excitement weighing heavy on her chest. Having lived at Malfoy Manor for her entire life, everything seemed somewhat drab when compared. Not that any of that really mattered now. Fancy things didn't excite Victoria at all quite frankly. She was just excited to be getting out of the grasp of her boding uncle, Lucius Malfoy.

"Tori, would you hurry the bloody hell up?"

Victoria rolled her eyes. Only one person and one person alone could call her Tori.  "I'm coming Draco!" She ran to catch up with him just as he was passing platform 9.

Draco sighed. "This is it. We can go together since its your first time. Just remember, whatever you do, do not stop running." He glanced behind him before speaking again. "I am sure mother and father won't be far behind now."

"Okay, and I just run, straight into the wall? You're absolutely sure? This isn't just one of your practical—"

"No, it's not a joke. Really, you just run full force and we'll be directly in front of the Hogwarts Express," Draco interrupted.  He looked at Victoria, waiting on her to confirm she was ready to run into the brick wall that sat in front of them.

"Okay, I'm ready," Victoria said will a small, uncertain nod.

Draco nodded. "On three, okay? One, two, three!" he said while running and hanging onto his and Victoria's trolleys. Victoria was running alongside him, her eyes shut. She braced herself for impact, but strangely, there was never was any impact. All she felt was a rush of wind. The next second she opened her eyes to find herself standing on a bustling platform labeled, "9 3/4".

Excitedly taking in her new surroundings, Victoria turned to face Draco, "What do we do with our things?"

Unamused at Victoria's giddiness, Draco answered flatly, "Don't worry, father will ensure they are put on the train for us,"  He looked around the platform, as if waiting for someone to jump out and attack at any second. Victoria wasn't surprised though; this is how he had been all summer. Victoria followed his gaze, which had now landed a pair of figures walking towards them. "Look, here they come now." At exact that moment a perfect looking couple seemed to appear out of thin air. They were just a few steps away from Draco and Victoria. 

"Draco, come tell your mother good-bye. Victoria, I would like a word with you," said Lucius Malfoy in his usual airy tone. Victoria obeyed. She walked towards an empty corner with her uncle.

"Yes, uncle?" Victoria assumed she knew where this conversation was heading, but wasn't about to let the zealous feeling in her stomach be taken away. Not even if that meant smiling and nodding politely at her uncle's never-ending pure-blood, brainwashing ideology.

Lucius and Victoria came to a halt, just far enough out of reach for anyone to hear.

"As we have discussed all summer, I expect nothing but excellence from you this coming year. Allowing you to attend Hogwarts instead of taking lessons at home, was not my wish." He looked towards his wife. "I hope you are not like you father. He seemed to have an incredible way of disappointing people who rewarded him most. Do not forget the reward I am providing you by allowing this." He started down at Victoria. She hated when he brought up her father, as if he even knew him. Victoria had never had the chance to meet him, but she didn't appreciate how Lucius spoke of him. Wether he was a death eater or not, it was still her father.

"You are attending Hogwarts under the association of the Malfoy name. This will be a great advantage for you, no doubt." He stood even straighter at the thought of his own "noble" family name. "Narcissa seems to think you will make an excellent Slytherin witch. I except this to hold true. I also will not tolerate any association with  blood traitors, or worse, fifthly mudbloods" Lucius scoffed at even the thought of a mudblood.

"Of course, uncle. I would not want to disappoint you or Aunt Narcissa." she held back her eye-roll. Only a couple more minutes until she could be rid of her uncle and his believes for at least a little while. The train whistle blew behind the two of them. Victoria turned to see Draco walking and waving good-bye to his mother.

Lucius cleared his throat slightly, causing Victoria to look back his way.

"I also do not have to remind you on our current situation. You are responsible for helping Draco in his day-to-day activities and schoolwork. Anything he needs, I expect you to provide. Are we clear?"

The train whistle bellowed again. Victoria whipped her head around to look at the train once more, and then quickly back to her uncle.

"Of course, I should be going before the train leaves. Good-bye, uncle." Victoria talked in a hurried tone and began walking towards the train.

Just as she started to take another step, a firm hand grabbed her shoulder, whipping her around. There she was, facing her uncle once more.

"Do not disappoint me child," Lucius snarled. Narcissa came up behind Victoria, placing a gentle hand on top of Lucius's, which still had a firm grip on her shoulder. Victoria relaxed slightly, as Lucius softened his grip at the touch of his wife's hand.

"Dear, she really must be getting on the train,"  Narcissa said. She did not fear looking her husband directly in the eyes, as most did. Victoria admired her greatly for this. "Victoria will continue to make the noble name of Black a respected name, all while making us proud." She gave a gentle smile to Victoria. "Let her go," Narcissa said in a soft, calming voice. With some hesitation, Lucius relinquished his grip.

Victoria looked away from her uncle and back to her aunt. "Thank you, Aunt Cissy. I really should hurry," Victoria said in a rushed tone. She looked to her uncle once more and hugged her aunt quickly. She walked to the train, hopping on just as its wheels started to rotate.

She did not dare look back.