The Beginning

Victoria quickly sat up, students were running everywhere. All frantic and trying to look out the windows or get out of the common room. All of a sudden Victoria heard Hermione saying, "Move, please! Stay in the common room."

Victoria pushed her way through the crowd of students until she reached Hermione.

"Hermione, what's going on? Why is everyone out of bed?" Hermione just looked at Victoria with wide-eyes and grabbed her by the arm. She pulled her towards the exit of the common room.

"Come with me, we have to be quick Ron is meeting us downstairs. There has been an attack, we heard a loud bang from upstairs. Everyone heard it really." She was pulling Victoria in the direction of the Great Hall.

"Hermione, Victoria! Over here," shouted Ron from a few feet away. The girls quickly ran over to him. Victoria saw a look in his eyes that reminded her of her own the night she met Voldemort.

"I can't find him Mione, I looked everywhere I could," said Ron in an exasperated tone.

"You can't find, Harry?" Victoria asked. Panic had now set in for her too.

"What is going on? Why is everyone- "

Victoria didn't get to finish her sentence, however, because it was interrupted by a loud bang behind them. They all turned to see a group of people storming into the castle.

Professors Flitwick, Sprout and Hooch came out of nowhere and started to battle the group that had just entered. Victoria now realized who they were, death eaters. The one at the front of pack, her loving Aunt Bellatrix. She was flanked by five other death eaters. Victoria drew her wand, ready for whatever came her way.

"Victoria, you go find Harry. We will stay here and help," said Hermione quickly. Ron nodded in agreement before running off and helping Professor Sprout.

"I'm not leaving you to fight them alone," Victoria said while walking closer to the battles erupting around them.

"No, Victoria we have to find Harry. Go, now!" Hermione shouted. She ran off to help Ron and the others. Victoria hesitated for a moment, but then took off to the last place she knew Harry was, Dumbledore's office. 

She quickly ran up the stairs in the direction of his office, as she rounded a corner though she ran directly into the last person she wanted to see, Draco. Before she could say a word to him, she saw the mark she knew all too well appear in the sky above the astronomy tower, the direction Draco was running from. Without hesitation Victoria drew her wand, as did Draco. They both just stared at each other for a moment, neither knowing how they were supposed to act in this situation.

"What are you doing up here you need to go, now," said Draco in a panicked voice. He looked frightened beyond reason.

Just as Victoria was about to respond, Professor Snape came flying around the same corner Draco had. Victoria and him made eye contact. Before she could say or do anything, however, he cast a binding curse on her, causing her to fall to the ground and hit her head, hard. She felt the blood seeping from the new wound. She watched in utter shock as Snape grabbed Draco by the arm and the two ran off towards the exit.

Victoria squirmed and moved all around trying to break free of the curse, but it was no use. Snape's magic was much stronger than her. But why had her and Draco been running? What had they done? 

She laid there for another moment before she heard more footsteps coming her way. She hoped it was a friend, otherwise she was going to be in a world of trouble. The feet approached quicker and quicker and the next thing she saw was a flash of red light. She instantly felt the ropes that bound her come undone. As she stood to see who had freed her, she was caught off guard to see Harry running in the same direction Snape and Draco had, right past her. 

"Harry!" she called after him. It was no use though; he was running full force after Snape and Draco. Victoria's head was pounded and still bleeding, but she knew she needed to follow Harry.

She sprinted after him, halting only to avoid curses flying in every direction of the duels going on downstairs. She was still a good distance behind Harry when she saw all of the death eaters running towards the same direction as they were. Snape had stopped, just a few feet from Harry and Victoria could see him casting spells towards him. Victoria quickly caught up and watched in horror as her aunt set Hagrid's hut on fire and Snape and Draco and all the other death eaters made a run for the forbidden forest. Before Snape exited to the forest he stopped and cast one more spell towards Harry, this time causing Harry to fall over.

"No!" shouted Victoria. She ran as fast as she could toward the now limp Harry. Snape noticed her getting closer and took off in the direction that the others had. Victoria didn't care, her only concern was making sure Harry was okay.

She knelt down to where he laid and saw that he was also in a body binding cure. She quickly undid it and he sat up, staring in the direction that the death eaters had just escaped too.

"Harry, are you alright?" Victoria asked. She was looking at him, waiting on him to respond, but he just continued to stare. Hagrid had gotten out of his hut and was running towards the two of them now, with Fang on his heels.

"Are you too alright? Harry?" Hagrid asked staring at both of them. Victoria was still watching Harry, waiting on him to say something. Finally he spoke.

"Dumbledore's dead. Snape, killed him." His voice was so quiet it was hard to hear.

"What? Harry, you hit your head too hard when you fell, you too Victoria, yer bleeding. To the hospital we go." Hagrid said in a nonchalant voice.

But Harry didn't move, he continued to stare at the empty space. Victoria placed her hand on top of his. She knew Harry was telling the truth, she saw the pain in his eyes. He wasn't saying this because he had hit his head, he was saying this because it was the reality of the current situation.