The Meeting

Victoria felt a light tap on her shoulder and her eyes fluttered open to find Harry kneeling next to where she had fallen asleep on the couch.

"Hey," he whispered. "I am about to go to Dumbledore's office. I hated to wake you, but I wanted to see if you still wanted to go?"

Victoria nodded her head yes and said, "W-what time is it?" She let out a slight yawn as she sat up and looked around the deserted common room.

"It's about 10:45. We were all worried where you were at dinner because Hermione said you had gone to talk to Malfoy. I've been up here since about 8:00, I think you had just fallen asleep then."

Victoria looked down and saw a jacket draped over here, "Is this yours?" she asked. Harry nodded and stood up to his full height.

"You might want to put it on, the castle gets pretty cold outside of the common rooms at night, remember the first night we were locked out?" Victoria just nodded and smiled. She slipped the sweatshirt on over her blouse, Harry watched her every movement.

"We should probably get walking, he coughed out. "It-uh takes a little longer to get there under the invisibility cloak."

Victoria just nodded and smiled. They both got under the invisibility cloak and made their way to Dumbledore's office. They came to a stop in front of the gargoyle guarding Dumbledore's office, "Sherbet Lemon," Harry said.

Victoria giggled, "Sherbet Lemon?"

Harry smiled and shrugged, "He really likes it."

They stepped into the office and Victoria was immediately overwhelmed with all of the portraits and things lined on the walls. "Wow," she said under her breathe.

Harry led them to the main office where Dumbledore sat at his desk. He looked up as they came in.

"Good evening to both of you and Victoria welcome," he smiled up at her from over his half-moon spectacles. "Please, please sit down."

Harry and Victoria sat down in the seats directly in front of Dumbledore.

"Now I won't bore either of you with formalities and rather I will just tell you why we are meeting. But first, Victoria, I must ask you a few questions.

Victoria was still overcome with the greatness of the room and just nodded her head.

"Excellent, now please don't take offense to any of these questions. They are simply to understand and see things more clearly."

Victoria gulped, had Harry brought her here to be interrogated.

"Do you know what the prophecy is?" he asked.

"Yes, somewhat. I remember hearing my uncle speak of it, but wasn't it destroyed?" she asked.

"Correct, it was. Did your uncle ever say anything directly to you about the prophecy?"

Victoria shook her head no. "They tend to keep my out of uh-business matters."

Dumbledore smiled and chuckled softly, "Sometimes that is probably better. Now my last question, do you have the dark mark?" The room seemed to freeze around them. Victoria could see Harry tense in the seat beside her.

"N-no, sir." She tried to sound confident in saying it, not wanting him to think she was lying, but she was taken aback by the question.

"Good, I know other members of your family have not been so lucky," he said. Victoria looked down and immediately her mind raced back to Draco and the conversation they had earlier.

"The reason I wanted both you to meet with me tonight is simple, the prophecy."

Harry spoke up for the first time and said, "But sir, it was destroyed last year at the ministry. What else is there to talk about with it."