The Favor

The next morning Victoria woke up earlier than everyone else again. She rolled out of bed and went and got ready for the day. About an hour later she stepped out of the portrait hole to walk down to breakfast. She took a seat at the mostly empty Gryffindor table and opened up the Quibbler. She was just scanning it over, drinking a cup of coffee when two large figures appeared in front of her. She knew who was without even raising her eyes.

"Crabbe, Goyle, good morning. Can I help you?" she flipped a page of the paper, still not looking up.

"We need to talk," stated Goyle.

Crabbed echoed, "Yeah we need to talk to you."

Victoria closed her paper and looked up at them.

"Alright, sit and talk. I'm listening."

They both took a seat in front of Victoria. A few people in the Great Hall were staring now. Victoria had grown up being around Crabbe and Goyle so she knew they wouldn't dare try to hurt her, but the rest of the students didn't know that. To them it looked very strange for the two of them to be talking to Harry Potter's friend.

"We got a favor to ask," said Goyle in a lower voice. He leaned into Victoria, not wanting anyone else to hear.

"Yea," echoed Crabbe again.

"What can I do for you?" Victoria asked. She was so confused why the two of them would want her help with anything. She thought Draco would have banned any of his friends from speaking with her, especially without him around. She tried to put on a business like tone. Anytime goons like them needed help, it usually spelt trouble.

"It's about our fathers," said Goyle. He looked down at his hands. Crabbe did the same.

"What about them?" Victoria asked. She looked between the pair, they looked a little embarrassed to even be asking her for help.

"Your uncle has got them held captive at the manor. Our moms are worrying and we tried to talk to Draco about it, but-"

Victoria finished his sentence for him, "But he wouldn't listen?"

Goyle didn't say anything, Crabbe just nodded.

"Mum has written me an owl every day, each of them stained with tears. We don't know what else to do. The only reason Draco's father is keeping them there is because he bitter about what happened at the ministry. If it hadn't been for your friends Saint Potter, that blood-traitor, and that mud-blood, there wouldn't have even been an incident at the ministry." Goyle was looking her in the eyes now. She saw his normal hatred reappearing.

Victoria glared at him. "I will not help you if you keep calling my friends name." Her voice was harsh and cold. "The next time you speak of my friends like that, I will hex you into next week." She had raised her voice just enough so they understood how serious she was.

Crabbe snickered, "Looks like you can take the girl out of the family, but not the family outta the girl." Goyle let out a low chuckle.

"And what the bloody hell do you mean by that?" Victoria asked.

"He means, you might think you are all pure and good, but what you just said," Goyle paused, "welp you just sounded like your Aunt Bellatrix." He crossed his arms across his chest with a smirk.

Victoria froze, she knew she had sounded like her aunt when she said things like that. She hated that. She narrowed her eyes and glared at the two boys in front of her.

"Do you want my help or not. Because if you keep comparing me to my insane aunt then you'll have to figure it out on your own."

The smirks on the two boys faces, disappeared and they nodded.

"Good," said Victoria. "Now how do you exactly propose I help you? Because I'm pretty sure my uncle is going to kill me the second he sees me."

"If you could just talk to Draco, ask him to talk to his father," said Goyle. There was a hint of pleading in his voice. For a moment Victoria felt really sorry for both of them.

She sighed and nodded her head. "I'll talk to him," she said. "But that doesn't mean he will listen."

"He only listens to you," insisted Crabbe. "We just want out mums to be okay."

Victoria nodded again and looked away from the two of them for the first time. She looked up to see Harry and Ron speeding over to where she was sitting. Their faces filled with worry at the sight of Crabbe and Goyle sitting with her.

"Go," Victoria said to Crabbe and Goyle. "I'll talk to him, see what I can do. In return you will leave my friends alone, got it?"

Crabbe and Goyle got up and nodded at her. As they walked away, they hit shoulders with Ron and Harry, but didn't do anything else. As evil as they might have been, she knew that would keep their word.

"What was that all about?" asked Ron with a huff. They weren't giving you a hard time were they?"

Victoria just shook her head no and smiled. It felt good to be worried about by Ron and Harry. They sat down with her. Ron sat across from her and Harry beside her.

"No, they needed my help," stated Victoria. She took another sip from her coffee.

"With what, how to pluck their eyebrows?" said Ron with a scoff. Harry laughed and Victoria smiled and rolled her eyes.

"No," she chuckled. She explained the whole conversation to Ron and Harry. They didn't say much once she finished, but she knew what they were thinking. She saw it in their eyes. She was helping known death eater families, not the best look for her.

"It's just a favor," she said quietly. "I just know it is probably really difficult for their mothers."

Neither Ron nor Harry said anything, but Victoria felt Harry graze her hand with his fingertips. She wanted to grab his hand and never let go, but he took it away quickly when he saw Lavender approaching where they sat. Ron groaned silently to himself.

"Won Won! Don't forget you promised me you'd take me to Hogsmeade this weekend." She sat down and glared at Victoria before pulling Ron in for a make out session.

"Maybe we should go," Harry whispered to Victoria. For a moment, her breath caught in her throat. She thought back to last night and how he has whispered in her ear then. His hands on her back, his lips on hers, his belt buckle on her inner thigh. She shivered at the thought.

Harry standing up was the only thing that brought her back to reality. She followed him and they walked out of the Great Hall. They started upstairs to their first class, walking in blissful silence.

"I wanted to apologize for last night," Harry said. He didn't look at her, but rather down at his feet. Victoria felt her stomach lurch. "I shouldn't have acted the way I did, it was very out of character me and I should've asked you if it was okay for me to-"

Victoria cut him off, "It's okay."

She meant to sound strong when she said it, but it came out just barely loud enough for him to hear. He looked at her now, Victoria saw it out of the corner of her eye.

"Really, I'm sorry Victoria. It was not very gentlemen like and-"

She cut him off again, she didn't want him to apologize. She wanted him to do it again. "Really Harry." Her voice was steadier now until she looked at him. They had stopped in front of the muggle-studies classroom now. "I-I'm glad you did." He looked at her a little confused. "It was," she thought for a moment for the right word, "it was fun."

She mentally slapped herself. Fun? Fun was the best should come up with.

Harry smirked, "Yea, uh – fun." He held the door open for her and they walked into class.