The Spy

The next month went pretty normal, as far as Victoria was concerned. She was excelling in all of her classes and her and the trio were getting along great. Harry and Ron spent any extra free time they had practicing for an upcoming quidditch game against Hufflepuff. The only thing bugging Victoria was the fact that Draco was practically ignoring her, but it was probably less to do with her and more the company she kept.

"Want Hermione and I to go scope them out," Victoria suggested one night by the fire in the Gryffindor common room. Ron and Harry had been sitting for hours trying to devise a plan and rain had started to trickle down the window.

Ron scoffed, "Ha, as if Hermione would go and do that." Hermione rolled her eyes.

"Actually, Ronald, I think that is a great idea and would be happy to go watch them and help Harry out." Hermione enunciated Harry's name as if to show Ron that she was most certainty not doing it for him. Ron just rolled his eyes.

"That is a really brilliant idea," said Harry. "If you could both just tell us if they are taking more of an offensive or defensive approach and who they've got playing keeper."

"We can do that," said Hermione eagerly. Victoria nodded in agreement.

"Alright, it's a plan. Harry looked out the window. "They, uh- acutally have practice right now though," He looked from Hermione and back to Victoria. The rain was still falling, and Victoria could tell he wasn't sure if they would still be up for it.

"I don't mind a little rain, do you Hermione?" Victoria asked Hermione.

"Nope! Let's go!" exclaimed Hermione and the two of them were off to the quidditch pitch.

The two girls stopped underneath the stands to avoid the rain and looked out onto the pitch, expect there was only one problem, nobody was there.

"That's weird," said Hermione. "I will go check back at the changing rooms and see if they're still there. You stay here and make sure we haven't just missed them!"

"Okay," said Victoria. Hermione ran off, leaving Victoria huddled under the bleachers, trying to avoid the now down pour of rain. She thought to herself, they really would benefit from practicing in the rain, surely Cedric didn't cancel practice. She stepped out and glanced around the still empty pitch.

Just as she was stepping back under the bleachers to avoid the rain a voice spoke, "You know if I didn't know any better, Black, I'd say you were spying." It was Cedric and he stood behind Victoria grinning from ear to ear.

Victoria had not heard him come up, so she about fainted when he spoke. "Oh, my goodness, you just scared me so bad!"

Cedric just laughed and shook his head. "You are awful jumpy," he took a step closer to Victoria, "you must be hiding something."

Victoria looked up at him and rolled her and eyes while smiling, "I'm not jumpy and I don't have anything to hide."

Cedric took another step closer to her now, Victoria could feel the heat radiating off his body. "Really?" Cedric said. "Because I think your boyfriend asked you to come down here and spy on us while we practiced." He had backed Victoria against the bleachers now and placed one arm beside her head. There was no escape. "I am afraid you'll have to tell Potter that we cancelled practice today, our keeper is sick."

"First, Harry is not my boyfriend. Second, I wasn't spying. Third, I hate to hear your keeper is sick," she paused to think before speaking again. "Did you say he was going to be okay? I could take him some soup in the hospital wing. Just tell me who it is and I can have it there by the end of the night."