The Password

Harry and Victoria set off walking around the castle. Harry showed Victoria each of the classrooms and they began making their way back to Gryffindor tower talking as they talked.

"So, to get up to Gryffindor takes a little walking and you'll want to watch the —" Harry was interrupted at that second though because the stairs began to shift, and Victoria lost her footing. He reached out and grabbed her just in time, pulling her on the same stair as him. The two of them were standing, facing each other. Harry was looking down at Victoria, their faces only inches apart. He stared a moment longer, before quickly taking his hand away from her lower back. He cleared his throat before saying, "Watch the stairs, they are tricky."

Victoria took a moment to collect her thought, "G-got it." It took everything in her to steady her voice. She sighed to herself and continued to walk with Harry up the stairs.

"This is it." Harry said coming to a halt in front of a portrait. "This is the fat lady. To get into the common room you have to give her a password." The fat lady was snoring and had not even noticed the two of them there.

"Oh, okay. That makes sense." She said looking at the portrait. "I suppose we wouldn't want Slytherins walking into our house." She smiled at Harry who smiled right back at her. "What is the password?" she asked.

Just as quickly as Harry's smile had appeared it disappeared. He thought for a moment and said, "Well, I actually don't know." Victoria looked at him very confused. "You see, the password changes frequently and I am sure there is a new password for the new year and the prefects typically give it when everyone walks up the common room after the first years." He looked a little aggravated before rubbing his head and continuing. "And since we went and toured around everywhere, we didn't get to hear it. I should've fucking thought of that through."

Victoria looked at him and suddenly felt a little guilty for being a bother to him. She was sure he was probably just ready to get in bed after the feast. She watched him continue to rub his head, like he had a headache. No doubt one Victoria caused. She kicked herself mentally.

"I-I'm sorry for being a burden and causing you a headache. I should've just told Professor McGonagall I would show myself around." She looked down at her feet, not wanting to cause Harry any more problems than she already had. Not only had she caused him a headache with this tour, but her lovely cousin had also kicked him in the nose.

Harry looked up at her a little shocked. "Oh, no you didn't cause me a headache, really it's nothing." He continued to watch her, but she refused to meet his gaze. "Really, I was happy to do the tour, you are easy to talk too. And don't worry about the password, someone will eventually come by that knows it." He slid down on the ground with his back against the wall and took off his sweater. "We will just have to hang out here for a bit." He looked back at her again. "You can come sit beside me if you'd like, we can play a game."

Victoria looked up and meet his eyes before smiling and nodding. She went and sat beside him. "So, what the game," she asked.

"It's a muggle game, called 20 questions. Ever played?" asked Harry.

Victoria nodded her head yes. "Surprisingly, I have. It's been a while though, so you go first."

She looked at him and waited for him to start but he looked up at her and said, "Actually, let's play it a little different. Instead of thinking of an object and us trying to guess it with 20 questions, let's just ask each other 20 questions. It'll help us get to know each other better," he smiled. "What do you think?"

Victoria returned his smile and said, "I think that's great."

"Brilliant," Harry said. "I'll ask first, favorite color?"