The Ball

She descended the stairs to see Draco waiting at the bottom for her.

"You look pretty," he said to her while taking her arm. "Better than seeing you in red."

She rolled her eyes and said, "Thank you, I think."

"I want you to keep your head and eyes down tonight, don't speak to anyone. The less attention you draw the better." He spoke in a whisper to her, nodding to people as he walked by.

"Draco!" a shrill woman's voice called out.

Draco and Victoria whipped around to see who had shouted to see one of the scariest people Victoria knew, Bellatrix.

"Oh, Victoria dear, I didn't realize that was you. You look so much better in fine clothes that what I am used to seeing you in." She eyed Victoria up and down as she spoke. "At least you aren't in that dreadful Gryffindor red. I can't imagine how humiliated you must have been to be sorted in that house." She laughed a laugh that resembled nails scratching on a chalk board.

Victoria took a deep breath and gripped Draco's arm tighter. He squeezed back.

"Well, we better make our way to the dining room, The Dark lord will be here soon. Victoria, you come sit by me, Draco go sit with your mother and father."

Victoria reluctantly released Draco's arm and gave him one last look. She followed her aunt to the head of the table and sat to her left.

"Hey, that's my seat!" Shouted a death eater Victoria knew by the name of Antonin Dolohov. He was looking right at her, and he did not look happy.

Before Victoria could get up, however, her Aunt Bellatrix spoke, "Tonight, it is my nieces. I suggest you sit elsewhere, or I will let the Dark lord know that you have disobeyed one of his most beloved followers."

Dolohov huffed and went and took a seat two down from Victoria. He glared at her as he sat. Victoria looked around the table to see Draco sitting next to his mother and staring at her. He shook his head, as if telling her to keep her eyes diverted down. She decided that was best. She noticed that the seat next to her remained empty.

All of a sudden there was a loud, "crack!" and a flash of green light. Everyone around the table stood, so did Victoria without taking her eyes of the table in front of her.

"Good evening, my most fateful. What a joyous night it is," said a dark, hissing voice.

Victoria heart stopped beating. This was really him. She tried to keep calm, but knowing that the most evil wizard was in the same room as her, made it hard to do anything, including breath.

"Please, sit. Let us begin our discussion." Said Voldemort.

Just then the doors to the grand dining room opened, Professor Snape walked in the and took the seat next to Victoria. Voldemort spoke.

"Well Snape, so kind of you to finally join us." His voice was dark, but Victoria could hear the sinister smile on his face.

"My apologies my lord, the prisoner you asked for," Snape said gesturing to a woman who was floating in the room. The unknown woman gave a faint moan of pain. Victoria winced quietly.

"Ah, yes! The lovely muggle-studies teacher from Hogwarts, thank you Severus! Can you believe that there was such thing at Hogwarts, I mean really muggle-studies? I suppose she would have us mate with them next!"

The room rumbled with slight laughter.

"Draco, do you recognize this professor?" Voldemort asked Draco. Victoria's breath tightened in he throat.