Chp. 32

When I saw her my heart immediately dropped, she looked healthy again, she looked ok… and her eyes lingered on mine for quite some time. 

Then I remembered that she had ignored me for two fucking weeks. 

The rage in my chest burned, and I turned away from her, mumbling, “Hey,” and then going to my closet. Deciding I was going take a shower to just get away from her before I hit her. 

I grabbed sweats and a loose T shirt out of the closet and made my way to the door, but Devon caught my eye. She was standing, in nothing but a overly long T shirt, her blonde waves falling over her shoulders and to her chest.

I pulled my eyes away quickly, “Going shower.”

Then I was out the door, feeling my heart hurt more and more I walked away from her. I was mad at her, so mad… but she looked so amazing, to amazing for me to stay mad. I was right about the feelings, they were back, they were there immediately when I realized it was her sitting on her bed. Those eyes, her smile… her voice…

God it sounded so amazing to hear her voice again. 

But like I said, I was still hurt, and upset over what she did to me. It was selfish, but maybe if I calmed myself down enough to ask her why she did it… I would understand. 

I decided to take my time in the shower, even though I found myself becoming eager to see Devon. I wanted to talk to her even though I was still hurt, I wanted to hear her voice… and maybe how much she missed me while she was gone. 

I wanted to know why she avoided me, left out of nowhere… if anything had changed… 

If she still even liked me anymore. 

I started back to the room, the nervousness creeping up every step I took. Devon looked so sexy in that T shirt… and I wondered if she knew the affect it had on me. 

I know she caught my eyes when I was about to leave to go shower… but does she pay any mind to it?

All the thoughts and memories were back, the emotions and feelings… they all returned with Devon. I wondered, were all the flashbacks and horrid dreams also going to return?

I didn’t want to dream about dying anymore… but I couldn’t stop them. Was my head trying to tell me something? And if so, what?

I opened the door, seeing Devon laying down on her bed, and I climbed into mine, feeling sad already. I knew she wasn’t going to curl up next to me, and I hated thinking that. I wanted her to climb in next to me, I missed feeling her next to me… 

I pulled the covers up to my neck, I knew Devon was looking at me, but I refused to say anything. I didn’t want to talk to her right now, to afraid I might say something I might regret because I was so angry. I waited for Devon to make a noise, something to get my attention, but she never did. 

She knew I was hurting. 

***