Chp. 17

I slipped out from between her arms and she smiled wickedly, waving at me, “Bye sexy.”

I closed my eyes tightly as opened them, trying to calm my heart rate down. This girl… she was crazy! She liked a challenge?! Are you kidding me? Was that just her way of reeling me in more? I didn’t want her though!

I wanted Devon.

I walked back into the lounge, immediately spotting Devon and Emerson sitting at a table, when she saw me she stood. 

I rolled my eyes, turning the other way and heading towards the back to help take down everything. I was pissed, why did she even bother to come the last fucking 15 minutes? She should’ve just never showed up at all…

And I really wanted to tell her that.

She hurt me, I wanted her support for this, just like I had given her support over the month about Rachel, and she of course blew me off for Emerson?

I found Trevor and he handed me 500 dollars cash, “Here’s your cut for tonight, but we didn’t have that many people show…”

I studied the money, completely dumbfounded, “Just 500?”

He shrugged, “By the looks of tonight, I think you might reel in more people for us… you’re welcome to play with us anytime. You totally blew them away.”

I smiled, “All because of you.”

He hugged me, and I smiled, “Thanks Amanda, you’re… amazing.”

I smiled, the I felt a tap on my shoulder. I was face to face with Devon, Emerson was nowhere to be seen and my eyes traveled to the window on the far side of the room. 

And Samantha’s face was there, glaring at me, Devon, and Trevor.

I felt my heart jump to my throat, and I pulled my eyes away from hers to Devon’s, “Hey… you haven’t said a word to me since we got here…”

I rolled my eyes, “You got here like 20 minutes ago, after I was finished singing.”

She looked up at me, she knew I was hurt and she felt bad, but it didn’t deafen the fact that I felt screwed over. 

“I’m sorry… me and Emerson-”

“Yea I don’t wanna hear it… it’s not a big deal.”

I pushed past her, heading toward Trevor, “Hey I think I’m gonna be heading home, see you tomorrow?”

He nodded, moving in and hugging me, “Thanks again Amanda, see you.”

I was out the door in seconds, my eyes darting around looking for any sign of Samantha. She was weird, creepy… but sexy.