Chp. 21

Holy shit. 

How was I going to get Devon to admit that to me? There was no way… I was going to have to do some major probing with her. Major deep convo, and if she felt comfortable didn’t mean she was going to tell me that.

That was a major secret. 

I pitied Rachel, and then I pitied Devon for having to deal with it for three months. 

The trauma, the pain, everything Rachel went through the last moments of her life… God I could only imagine… Devon, getting that phone call after being completely blindsided by Rachel… telling her that she was dead, in a car wreck… 

It actually was bringing tears to my eyes thinking about it. 

I wiped my eyes, trying to numb the pain that was there in my heart. I shook my head, no wonder Devon had refused to tell me, not only would she look like that bad guy, but she also FELT like the bad guy to. I knew it wasn’t her fault, we all knew that, but in her head, I knew what she was thinking. 

If she would’ve just hugged Rachel, told her it would be ok and they would get through it… Rachel would be alive. 

I was pulling up to the parking space, I sighed, trying to gather myself before walking back into our room. No telling what Devon and Emerson were doing out and about. 

I checked my phone for the time, it was already 5 on a Sunday. 

I groaned, class tomorrow. 

I started toward my dorm, the sun was setting slightly and then when I turned the corner in the hall I ran into a warm body. 

I already knew who it was. 

“Hey Phillips,” the familiar, creepy voice rang out. 

I looked up at Samantha, “Hi Samantha.”

She  tilted her head, “You don’t sound to friendly.”

I shrugged, “I have a lot on my mind,” I really did, and in a way I wish she would take all of it away. Since I found out that Rachel had been in love with Devon, it made me feel connected to Rachel somehow. I knew I was in love with Devon to, and when I saw her for the first time I knew it immediately. 

But why? I didn’t know her, and I had never loved a girl in my life. So why Devon? It didn’t make sense. 

She moved closer, pressing her body gently against mine, “I can take your mind off of it, if you knew what I mean…”

I was pressed between her sexy, toned body and the cold wall, her hot breath against my ear. I clenched and unclenched my jaw and fists.

Why did she have to be so… sexy…

I groaned, “Samantha, I told you-”