Chp. 25

Me and Devon’s situation improved a little over the next couple of days, even though she was still kind of acting weird around me. She was still kind of blowing me off, and I didn’t know if she was avoiding me because I kissed her or other reasons. 

Like Emerson. 

When I thought about him I just instantly got annoyed, so I tried not to. 

But as of right now I was on my way to meet Trevor at his dorm. I had my guitar slung over my back as I made my way across the quad, the chilly air wrapping around me. 

I missed Devon, I missed her sleeping with me, I missed our late night talks, shopping with her, and just hanging out. I missed how I made her laugh, and how she would stare in awe while I played guitar for her. I missed everything…

I hadn’t noticed I was crying until I brought my hand up to my eye, and I wiped it away quickly. No use crying over it, the pain in my heart was obviously not leaving anytime soon. I needed to do something to make her talk to me, open up to me again. 

It was killing me…

I knocked on the door and Trevor opened up, greeting me, “Hey!”

I walked in, escaping the cold and crossing my legs while I sat on his bed. He had his notebook out and I knew immediately he was writing a song, I picked it up, “Writing today?”

“Was, I’ve had no luck.”

“Want me to help? Or do you want to practice something else?”

“You wanna co-write with me? That sounds pretty sweet, and we can perform it next Friday!”

I smiled at his boyish excitement, but in a way I was in no mood to write. I was depressed, I shrugged, “I’m in a shit mood, I’m not sure writing would be all that great today.”

He placed his hand on my shoulder, “The best songs come out of the worst moods. Trust me.”

“Ok then, don’t expect anything great.”

He smiled, “I always do, Amanda.”

I rolled my eyes at his attempt to flirt with me and he began playing music, he had obviously written it to go wit ha song, but he had yet to create the lyrics. 

Then I just started singing, “You’ll never know how much you mean to me… Not sure what I could do to make you see… How many times we laid awake… talking till the morning break… of sunlight.”

He stopped his strumming and started to jot down, “You have a gift. I hope you know that.”

I smiled, feeling myself blush, “Just comes from the heart.”

Then he continued with his strumming, and I tried to muster up some more lyrics to end the first verse. “Those deep blue eyes piercing right through my soul… Without you it’s quite bitter and cold… How can you deny how this feels so right… When It’s clear your happiness is in sight…”