Chp. 14

I didn’t mean to blow up on Devon, and I felt horrible after I finished the last sentence. Her face showed so much pain I could almost feel it, and she looked as if she wanted to cry. She held the tears in though, but I knew she was majorly upset…

What had gotten into me?

She turned to walk away but I grabbed her arm gently, “Devon…”

She yanked away from my grip harshly, not even facing me when she spoke, “I want to go home. Now.”

I swallowed hard, feeling the lump in my throat grow from sadness and regret. I followed her downstairs and she faked a smile for my family, I spoke, “Thanks for lunch mom, I’ll be in touch this week. Love you guys.”

Devon smiled, “Thank you for lunch Mrs. Phillips, it was amazing.”

“No problem Devon, it was nice meeting you! Come back next week!”

We were out the house and I wanted to apologize to Devon, and I knew I should, but would she even accept the apology? She was majorly pissed at me, I could see it in her eyes, her voice held so much harshness… it sliced right through my heart. 

Why did I say that to her? I was never the one to hurt someone with words… and all of a sudden I’ve hurt three people?

What was wrong with me?

Just apologize Amanda… you owe her that much… 

If I didn’t start conversation this was going to be a very long car ride home, I sighed, “Devon… listen…”

“No, I don’t want to talk about Rachel. I don’t want you to think I want you to be her or anything.”

I pulled up to a stop light and faced her, grabbing her hand and pulling her gaze to me. Then for a split second I caught a random flashback.

~O~

Devon was mad at me, I accidentally went off on her… 

I was upset though… she had hurt me. 

I grabbed her hand, pulling her eyes to me, “Devon… don’t be mad at me…”

She shook her head, “You called me a bitch…”

~O~

“Amanda? Are you going to go or what?”

I looked up from her eyes, the light was green, I pressed forward. What the fuck? When the fuck? Where the fuck? The last part… she had said a name… I could tell, it was just to mumbled for me to understand who she had called out.

The Second Chance (GirlXGirl)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara