Chp. 24

A week had passed since I kissed Devon, she had barely said a word to me since to. I felt horrible for it, naturally, but the feeling overcame me. I didn’t know why I loved her, and I didn’t know why I had been compelled to kiss her. 

It just sorta… happened. 

But it wasn’t my fault!

I would try to start conversations with her, and I would beg her to come watch me play with Trevor sometimes at practice but she always refused, blew it off, or made up an excuse. 

And it was really getting to me. 

I had told Trevor about what I did, and at first he freaked out like any guy would, and then he decided to hear me out. He tried giving me advice, but everything I tried with Devon never worked. It confused me, hurt me, and my heart was aching 24/7 because she would barely say two words a day to me. 

I was laying in my bed, typing a report for psychology when Devon walked in, I looked up, smiled my usual smile and greeted, “Hey.”

She threw her booksack onto her bed and grabbed her purse, “Hey.”

“Where you going?”

“Out.”

I rolled my eyes at her one word answer and sighed, “Okay then. Have fun.”

Then she was out the door. This is what my day usually consisted of. She was obviously going out with Emerson, that’s the only other person I’ve ever seen her go out with. 

It actually infuriated me. 

I didn’t know why, but ever since I kissed her… I’ve felt more attached to her. Even though she’s been practically ignoring me didn’t mean I haven’t grown more fond of her. 

Especially those sexy, soft, velvet lips. 

Thinking about them made me quiver in my knees, I wanted her so bad. I felt as if I needed her almost, but I held the forbidden feelings deep down in my stomach, attempting to ignore them the best I could. 

But I was starting to get weak. 

When I had kissed her, it felt so… right. Like I was supposed to do it, and in a way it felt so familiar. It freaked me out, but I liked it. 

Then as I was replaying the kiss inside my head, I caught a flash back. 

~O~

Spin the bottle. A oh-so popular game at parties in Highschool. I was sitting across from Devon, and my eyes were fixated on her while her’s were fixed on the spinning bottle. 

Then I felt my body stiffen as her blue eyes caught mine, I looked down, the bottle had landed on me.