Chp. 23

***-AMANDA’S POV-***

Wow, I never would’ve thought that Devon, of all people, would’ve done that to me. 

She was just messing with me, right?  She didn’t mean it… but what if she did, and she was just to afraid to admit it to herself. I knew I loved Devon, and I would do anything for her, even though I had only known her for about a month and a half… 

But could she possibly be falling for me to?

No, Devon was straight, and I… well I was confused. 

Never once since I broke up Nelson had I been attracted physically or emotionally to a guy. Not even Trevor, with his sexy, tousled hair and those musky eyes… the way he took interest to me never phased me though, and I knew exactly why. 

Devon. 

I scrubbed my scalp almost viciously, trying to get these thoughts out of my head, but it was no use. I had so much going through my mind it was unreal. 

Class, papers, guitar, Samantha, Devon, my family, Devon’s health…  

Why couldn’t I just worry about my grades and be done with it? No, college life seemed to come with a lot more problems and complications then that. 

I began to rinse, trying to calm my heart from the reoccurring thoughts of Devon laying on top of me. Holding my wrists down on that mattress, teasing me with her lips at my ear…

I groaned to myself, I wanted Devon. Bad. 

I started to dry, and I found myself excited to be getting back to Devon. I wanted to climb in her bed, curl up next to her, and fall asleep like that. 

But would she let me?

I gathered my things and I walked out, surprised that I didn’t run into Samantha on the way back. 

That girl… I didn’t know whether I wanted to run from her or kiss her. She was crazy but sexual, and maybe a little to attached to me. 

But why did I secretly like it?

I opened the  door and saw Devon curled up in her bed, I smiled, “Devon I know you’re not sleeping.”

She didn’t move, and I smiled bigger, then I hopped onto the bed with her. She looked startled at first, but then her face fell into a frown, and for some reason it took me back. 

“You ok?”

She shrugged, “I don’t know… I just wanna go to sleep.”

Huh. What had suddenly changed in twenty minutes? She was just happy, and then I left, then she was depressed again.