Chp. 38

-AMANDA’S POV-

I was surprised she hadn’t slapped me, but I was even more surprised that she asked me to stay after. It felt good to hear that, and I was happy, ecstatic even. 

So I stayed, I moved back in, and even though she hadn’t talked about the kiss, things between me and Devon had started to… change. In a good way, and I was loving every second of it. 

We were more open about everything, we were really close, and she even slept in my bed every once in awhile. 

The bad thing was… the dreams… the thoughts, everything felt as if they were getting a lot worse inside of my head. Sure, Devon wasn’t hiding anything now, but I never told her how I felt. 

And in a way I had made her believe it was just a mistake, in the moment action. 

That’s why she hasn’t touched on the kiss, because she thought I thought it was a mistake. 

Don’t ask me why I did that, because I didn’t know. I liked her, I knew that, but telling her I liked her… I didn’t know if she was going to take it well. The last time someone did that to her they got into a car wreck and died. 

Not sure if that was the best course of action. 

She had informed me about that party at Emerson’s and how she had agreed to go with him, but she had already blown him off. She made it obvious she wasn’t interested to, and in a way I felt bad for Emerson. He liked her, and like really liked her, but she wasn’t minding it. 

It almost seemed as if all of her attention was on me. 

But I didn’t mind one bit.

She seemed more attached then ever, moving back with her came with it’s perks of course, but I was still worried about my psychological health. 

I was laying in my bed, Devon next to me, and I wanted to bring up the situation we had the other night that neither of us had touched on. 

But I was scared. 

And before I fell asleep I had a paranoid thought that I would never get to tell Devon the way I felt about her.

***

 Soon it was Friday night, Devon was in her closet getting ready and to be honest, I wasn’t looking forward to this stupid party. But maybe tonight would be the night I would be completely honest with Devon and tell her the truth. 

I was texting Trevor in the moment, and I texted, “You going to the party tonight?”

“You know it, you?”

I smiled at his boyish excitement about a party and replied, “Of Course, Devon is dragging me there. I don’t know why, she doesn’t even like parties.”