Chp. 9

-AMANDA’S POV-

Algebra was over and I knew Emerson was going to come up to us to remind us, again, about his party tonight. Yes we know you’re in a pointless Frat throwing pointless parties, and we know you’re interested in fucking Devon… but you don’t have to flaunt it. 

It pissed me off.

He approached us just like I knew he would and he was joyful, “So you guys still coming tonight or what?”

I mumbled, “Or what…” and Devon jabbed her elbow into my ribs. 

“Yea, we’ll stop by for a bit.”

She was acting shy, but I knew she was interested, I mean who wouldn’t? He was gorgeous. His ruffled dark brown hair, his piercing eyes, that striking smile… those muscles… he was sexy. I knew Devon was nervous, and it aggravated me. 

“Ok, see you tonight.”

Then he was gone. 

I rolled my eyes, “You’re in love with him already or what?”

Sure it sounded bitchy but it pissed me off, I didn’t understand why but all I knew was that it did. I wanted him to back the fuck off and I knew I couldn’t tell her or him that. “No? I’m just nervous… he’s in a Frat, and I know he’s not gonna want to get serious. He probably just want’s to feel me up… and he is gorgeous but… I don’t know.”

And we ended that conversation at that.

***

After my classes were over I was on my way back to the dorm, Devon was most likely still in class or with some of her other friends. 

I wasn’t her mom so I tried not to worry about her. 

I had gotten almost used to the feelings I had for her, I didn’t want to be with her, that’s for sure, because I wasn’t gay… I. Was. Not. Gay. So I had pretty much been ignoring the feelings, even though they were constantly there. 

I had already started on my homework when I heard the door open and in walked Devon, looking cute as ever. 

I rolled my eyes to myself.

“Hey,” she threw her stuff on her bed.

I looked up from my laptop and smiled, “Hey…”

“Ready to go to our first Frat party?”

I shrugged, feeling a little uninterested, “Yea I guess.”

She sat next to me and I suddenly became nervous, “What’s wrong?”