Chapter 43

Seokjin continues pouting as he sees his best friend eat the last of his donut while his other best friend drinks the last of his smoothie. "I knew I should have had breakfast alone."

Jimin and Yoongi look at each other while they continue gulping down their treats. "I know," Yoongi starts, "Jimin can be so inconsiderate."

Seokjin looks back at Yoongi appalled. "You are the one who took my smoothie first and told Jimin to help himself."

"Minor details," Yoongi waves off. "Either way I am about to pop any day now, so holding me accountable for any cravings I have because of the growing cantaloupe inside of me is completely unfair."

Seokjin rolls his eyes, and Jimin giggles as he wipes his hands on his napkin. "So when are you going to do it?" He asks Seokjin.

Seokjin puts feeling uneasy of what he is planning on doing. "I am not sure. I feel like these things take time, and I don't know if I should make it out as big as I am trying to do it."

Jimin frowns. "What do you mean?"

"We have technically been together for three months now plus the two years before he died, and we have done everything.... and by everything I mean everything you can imagine in any place possible. The table, the shower, the coat closet even. We also do spend a lot of time together as a family and Dasom is so happy to have her Appa and Dad together."

"So what is the issue?" Yoongi asks.

"We have not labeled anything. I am not his boyfriend or his fiancee even even though we have done very fiancee like things-"

"Yes we get it. You are both sex-driven hormonal teenagers at this point with no self-control. Your point?" Yoongi interrupts.

"Engaged!" Seokjin exclaims. "I would assumed we would have tried to put a ring on my finger at this point, but any time I give off hints its like it goes in one ear and comes out the other. I stood looking at a ring display case for almost thirty minutes thinking he would catch on. Instead he thought I was looking at earrings and bought me a whole set with a matching chain."

Yoongi continues slurping down on his drink, unbothered, not at all surprised about what Seokjin is saying. "Well, Taehyung has always been an oblivious idiot. You have no idea how many people threw themselves at him back when we served. He had no clue he was the second most desired soldier at the academy."

Jimin turns his attention to Yoongi after thanking the waitress for the plate of croissants in front of him. "Who was the first?"

"My cute piece of ass," Yoongi replies smugly. He turns to Seokjin and places one of Jimin's croissants on his plate. "You sure this is how you want to do this, though? I can always talk to Taehyung and smack some sense into him. We all know what he wants, but knowing how he is; he is probably waiting for the right time."

Seokjin shakes his head. "I have to do this. My life is finally starting to get back to normal, and although there are still some issues we need to work out with my parents, it is time we take the next step with whatever we have going on."

"What is going on with your parents?" Jimin asks.

"My mother has gotten the hint to leave us alone, its my father who I try to keep an eye on. He has been very quiet since Taehyung came back, which tells me he is planning something. For now Taehyung is trying to get me transferred. He does not trust me working with my father anymore, but I told him that I will make the switch until my father is permanently removed from his position."

Seokjin feels around his pocket and takes out a small velvet box that has his two friends smiling in excitement. "That old man has tried taking everything from me. He would have to step over my trampled body to take my happiness once again," he opens the box and smiles at the small item inside. "Nothing is going to stop me from doing this."