Chapter 28

The conference room is quiet as everyone waits for the arrival of an important guest. Jungkook rolls his eyes once again and looks at his watch. "How much longer are we going to be waiting on your Vice President?" He asks in dismay at a nervous Yoongi and Namjoon who are sitting across from him and Seokjin. 

"Mr. Jeon is right. This is highly unprofessional on your company's behalf," Mr. Lee speaks out, causing another eye roll from Jungkook, knowing that was his way of trying to be a kiss-ass.

"Our representative will be here shortly. He had some matters to attend to," Yoongi speaks out.

"And your official president and CEO." Jungkook adds, "When will we be meeting him?"

"He's currently making acquaintances with our partners in Europe. Since he is new to the position, everyone wants to meet with him first hand. Our main headquarters will be here in Korea, so he thought it would be easier to meet with everyone before settling here permanently," Namjoon explains.

Jungkook keeps looking over the paperwork in front of him and checks his watch one last time. "Whoever your VP is, he is already fifteen minutes late. This was a waste of our time, setting up a meeting that he was not going to show up to."

Suddenly the door open to the conference room opens and everyone's eyes snap at its direction. Seokjin's eyes fill with awe while Jungkook rises from his chair in complete shock.

"It would be a shame if your impatient attitude cost you an interesting deal with us, Mr. Jeon Jungkook, as you are the one who called our offices for two months, trying to set up this meeting," the young man says with a professional smile. 

Jungkook is at a loss for words, while Seokjin is still shocked he's standing in front of him. "Minnie?" he whispers the name of his friend he's missed for years.

Jimin's professional tight-lip smile breaks into a soft one as his heart fills with hope when he hears Jin's term of endearment. "Jinnie," he whispers back. Seokjin returns the soft smile and the room starts to feel a little lighter. 

Jimin turns once again to Jungkook who is still at loss for words and can only stand there gawking at the man who he swore he would despise if he ever came back. "Good morning everyone. I am the vice president of MinKim Security, Park Jimin. Mr. Jungkook, if you don't mind, I kindly ask that you take a seat. I apologize for my tardiness, but the president and I looked over your proposal, and we like the idea to collaborate on a new product. Although we do have a couple of concerns which I am confident you will be able to answer." Jungkook nods and slowly settles back down on his seat, and motions for Jimin to start his presentation.

After an hour of presentations and Seokjin answering for Jungkook who is still speechless, the meeting is adjourned and only the four friends are left in there. Sensing the tension in the room, Namjoon and Yoongi excuse themselves, and end up taking Jungkook with them. He seems to have moved on from shock to full-on anger, and with the way he is looking at Jimin with cold eyes, they know leaving him near Jimin for too long will bring lots of chaos.

Which leaves Jimin and Seokjin alone to face each other. Years of friendship that consisted of shopping sprees and sleepovers now turned into an awkward exchange of silence. "You look good, Jin," Jimin attempts to start the conversation.

Seokjin looks at the other raising an eyebrow and crossing his arms. "Really? You haven't contacted me in three years and that's all you have to say?"

Jimin looks down in shame. "You're right. I'm sorry," he whispers.

"You're sorry?" Seokjin asks in a hostile tone. "You leave without saying goodbye. Ignore my calls and emails for three years and all you have to say for yourself is sorry?" Jimin's eyes tear up, but he quickly wipes them, knowing this is what he deserves. His best friend hates him and its all his fault. "I spent sleepless nights thinking you hated me, or that I did something wrong."