Chapter 25

There's a weird feeling to the kiss; not bad just odd. Regardless they pull through and Jungkook finds himself seeking for entrance to Seokjin's mouth as he continues licking his bottom lip. Seokjin's lips quiver, but he accepts and they now taste the liquor they had both been drinking that night.

Jungkook holds Seokjin even tighter and brings him to straddle his lap as their kiss turns heated and rushed. Both trying to figure out if this moment is due to the alcohol they had been drinking, or perhaps it was the lack of intimacy both have been experiencing for more than a year now. Regardless on what to put the blame on, both start caring less on the reason why they are doing this as the room around them gets hotter.

The small whimper that slips past Seokjin's lips snaps Jungkook and his hands start moving from Seokjin's waist to the rest of his body. His lips break from Seokjin's lips to trail along his jawline and down his neck where he licks a stripe down causing Seokjin to moan lowly. His hands are now reaching for the buttons on Seokjin's pajama top and starts undoing them.

Seokjin starts fumbling with the hem of Jungkook's shirt before he lifts it over the other and throws it on the floor. They continue exploring each other's bare upper bodies, but it's when Jungkook reaches for the waistband of Seokjin's pants that Seokjin snaps back and realizes what they are about to do.

"No," he whimpers, pushing Jungkook's hands away and retreating himself off his lap.

Jungkook looks at him with wide eyes full of guilt and reaches for his shirt on the floor. "I'm so sorry Jin. I was way out of line," he apologizes as he pulls his shirt on.

"Don't apologize. I was the one who started it. I'm the one who is sorry. I don't even know why. I felt bad about what happened to you, and I wanted to comfort you and I just went for it thinking it would make you feel better."

Jungkook looked back at Seokjin with pained eyes. "So you kissed me because you pitied me?"

Seokjin shakes his head in denial. "No, or maybe. I don't know. I'm stupid and I had been thinking about it for a while, but I didn't want to make things weird, and it could also be because you're doing great with helping me with Dasom. I'm so sorry," Seokjin rants.

Jungkook continues looking at the man in front of him as he thinks about what had just been said to him. "If I asked you to give this a shot. A relationship between us. Would you be open to the idea?" He asks slowly.

"But Jimin-"

"Has been gone for more than a year now," Jungkook interrupts. "I'm not saying that I have forgotten about him. I love him, but he isn't here anymore. I am not asking you to fall in love with me because I know who your heart will always belong to. I am asking that you give yourself a chance to move on. We can see this as a chance for both of us to move on."

Seokjin looks down at his own shirt in his hands as tears well up in his eyes. "What happens if Jimin comes back. He is still my best friend. I can't do this to him. He loves you so much."

"Jimin had the chance to stay here and fight for our relationship. We could have gone to couples counseling, but we didn't because our relationship was broken beyond repair. We both knew it was a disaster and neither one of us did a damn thing. Jimin and I are over, and even if he did come back I don't think I could ever forgive him for leaving me the way he did." 

Seokjin looks skeptical at Jungkook's idea, and stays silent as he puts his shirt back on. "We'll take things slow, and we won't do anything you are not ready for," Jungkook say. "But if this is something you really don't want to do then I will respect your wishes and never bring it up again."

"If we give this a try, you will have to be patient with me," Seokjin starts suddenly. "I'm talking taking things even slower than what we were about to do," he continues saying avoiding to look at the obvious bulge still evident in Jungkook's pants. "And you have to understand that Dasom will always know that her real father is Taehyung and no one can replace that." Jungkook nods in agreement as Seokjin goes on. "And you have to promise that if it does not work out between us we will always be best friends. Your friendship is the only thing I am able to hold on to right now, and I will not let an attempt to move on ruin it."