Chapter 34

Seokjin walks into his dinning room and sees food set up with Jungkook sitting with a smile on his face. "I am not sure if you ate with Taehyung yet, but knowing you; you are probably already hungry again," he motions at the food set up in front of him and pulls a bottle of wine from under the table, "so I made dinner."

Seokjin chuckles and sits down in front of him. "Is this you trying to wine and dine me before asking for a divorce?"

Jungkook quirks an eyebrow at him as he reaches for the bottle of wine to pour on the other's glass. "No, this is me setting up dinner for my husband after ditching him earlier. Although, I will not lie, we should probably discuss what you just said."

"Divorce? I though we were not going to do that." Seokjin takes a sip of his wine and swishes it around and gulps it. "Unless you have changed your mind?"

"I haven't, but I think we should still have this conversation. Two very crucial people in our lives are back. I am still mad at Jimin. I don't know if I could move past him leaving me, and I really think I have every right to be angry, but for you there's Taehyung."

Seokjin pauses from cutting his steak. "You know he is not completely innocent. He could have tried reaching out to me and saying something."

"You heard what they said though. There was no safe way in doing so. We always had people following us, especially after my failed attempt at overturning your dad. You know he hasn't taken eyes off us since then."

Seokjin drops his knife on his plate and starts getting up. "What are you trying to say? I thought you wanted to continue with what we had. If you don't want to be with me just say so," he says sternly.

"It's not like that, and you know it. Taehyung was your first real love. You were ready to give up your lifestyle for him," Jungkook argues.

"And you swore you and Jimin were made to be with each other," Seokjin argues back.

"Don't mention that bastard's name here!"

"Then don't be a fucking hypocrite!" Seokjin yells back. "You walk around as if all those years you two were together mean nothing to you, but they do and that is what you are angry about. You're mad that he still matters to you. That all the hate you built up for the past four years, vanished the second he walked into that meeting room."

Jungkook clenches his jaw, refusing to look at Seokjin. "So what now?" He mutters.

Seokjin huffs and reaches for his glass for another sip. "I thought I was being a horrible friend to Jimin when I had decided to take my marriage with you seriously, but we talked it over and he was fine with it. You have been by my side these past years and have helped me through my bad days, so I am still open to staying here with you if that is what you want."

Jungkook scuffs as he stares down at their uneaten plates of food. "That's the problem. Your argument for staying here is because you are thankful for me, not because you want to stay, and not because you love me."

"Don't say that. We talked about this. Over the years I have come to love you. I do love you," Seokjin tries arguing, but Jungkook just shakes his head.

"You love me, but are you in love with me the way you were in love with Taehyung? The way you probably still are?"

Seokjin opens his mouth to reply, but he is interrupted by his phone ringing. "I gave Taehyung my number just in case Dasom needed anything," he says looking at the caller ID and answering the call.

"Seokjin? I'm so embarrassed to interrupt your evening." He hears Taehyung from the other end. "Dasom is fine, but she did make a mess with dinner. I already cleaned up, but I don't have any spare clothes for her to change into."