Chapter 38

Seeing Seokjin's distraught state, Taehyung puts and arm around him and brings him closer. He brings them to lay on the couch and he continues to soothe Seokjin through his tears and whimpers. "He's going to be fine," Taehyung whispers trying to comfort Seokjin.

"How do you know?" Seokjin asks through a series of hiccups.

Taehyung gives him a small kiss on his forehead and tilts Seokjin's head so their eyes meet. "Because he has you now. And Jimin is tough. He's always prepared for anything that comes his way."

"But he should not just rely on himself when I am here."

After calming down a bit, Seokjin looks up at Taehyung with wide eyes. "Does this mean Jungkook and I are getting a divorce?"

"I sure hope so," Taehyung mumbles to himself so Seokjin does not hear. He clears his throat and rephrases what he says. "Whatever you decide to do with your marriage, I will be here for you as your support." He reaches for Seokjin's hands and intertwines them.

Seokjin pouts slightly as he concentrates on playing with Taehyung's fingers between his. "What Jungkook and I had was comfort. We were lonely and we thought it would be easy if we had given us another chance. He holds a special place in my heart, and he will always have that place, but I was never able to give him my love completely. Even though, he denies it I know he felt the same way about me. The love of his life is Jimin whether he chooses to see it or not."

"Maybe they'll figure it out eventually," Taehyung adds.

Seokjin gives him an uneasy look. "I don't know, they went through a lot as well. I still worry about what could have happened to Jimin. The way he coped was not healthy. You never know what the result of sleeping with a bunch of strangers can result in. What if one of them had a disease, or left him pregnant?"

Taehyung chuckles and adjusts Seokjin so he lays between his legs, and presses Seokjin's back against his chest. He continues to let the other play with one hand while his other hand starts stroking Seokjin's hair. "Trust me, Jimin was always careful, he always made sure he was stacked with condoms, and he takes his birth control religiously. He does not even allow me to set any meetings between 11:30-12:00, because he has an alarm set at 11:45. He told me once he's not risking any diseases or going through the stress of carrying another child right now."

Seokjin let's a sad sigh and rubs his head more against Taehyung's hand, loving how he is able to relax. "I can't even begin to imagine what he must have been through. He was so happy when he was pregnant. I don't know what I would have done if I lost Dasom. She was the only thing that kept me going after I was told you died, and even then, she almost did not make it."

Taehyung's grip tightens around Seokjin and shifts him closer to his body as he remembers the day Namjoon told him about Seokjin's complications. "I'm sorry for not being there when you needed me," he mumbles into the other's ear.

Seokjin rubs his face against Taehyung's lips. "But you were there. All those time I thought I was dreaming, or going crazy, you were actually there with me, right?" Taehyung nods as he plants another kiss on Seokjin's temple. "The first night you were there, it was like Dasom also sensed your presence. I woke up the next morning well-rested and starving. I thought I could eat a whole buffet. I practically did," he chuckled. "I was finally eating and sleeping more. I got so excited when I was gaining the weight I lost, and it was all because of you," Seokjin says as he turns around to look at Taehyung. "You risked your life visiting me every night, knowing that you would have been killed on the spot if you got caught, but that did not stop you."

Taehyung looks back at a concerned Seokjin with fond eyes and brings his hands to cup his face. "Listen very carefully. You are and will always be the most important thing in my life. If I had actually died that day, I would have died a happy man because you were the last thing I remember seeing, but you telling me you were carrying our baby is what made me hold on. You and Dasom are my whole life, and when Namjoon told me how complicated the pregnancy was getting, I was ready to risk anything and everything to see you again. I didn't care what would happen as long as you and her were healthy." Seokjin gulped at how close they both were and his eyes kept shifting from Taehyung's eyes to his lips, missing how they used to feel on top of his. "I love you, Seokjin. I will always love you."