Chapter 1-Uraraka's problem

*This takes place a few days after the raid on the Shie Hissaikai. Most of the events that have occurred up until this point have been the same (unless mentioned otherwise later). September-ish.*

Thursday

*Ochaco's POV*

The girls had gathered around in Mina's dorm. We were all here because it was a girls' night and we all planned to have a sleepover in her room, an idea Toru and Mina had come up with. The rest of us agreed, not knowing what we were fully getting ourselves into. We soon came to realize that this was just a ploy in order to find out more about our crushes. The conversations were nothing out of the ordinary, typical girl talk about each of the boys. Mina, who was dominating the conversation, was going through each girl and asking them awkward questions about who we had a crush on. Most of the girls had evaded this embarrassing topic but we all knew that today the topic was unavoidable.

I was not really paying attention to the conversation though; I had a lot on my mind. These past few weeks have been rough, the hardest few of my life. So many things happened, stuff that I did not want to think about, pairing that with the overwhelming amount of schoolwork I am trying to catch up with after missing out on it (due to the work studies with Ryukyu). Plus, I have been feeling awful after the day of the raid. I couldn't help but feel like I could've done more. Everyone had tried their best that day: Kirishima, Suneater, Lemillion, Nejire-senpai and Tsu-chan all tried so hard to save people. But me? I had Sir Nighteye's body in my arms and if only I had been quicker, acted on my own intuition rather then waiting for his guidance, I could have gotten him to the hospital sooner. Its most likely he would have died even if I had gotten there sooner because his injuries were really serious. But my mind has that scenario playing over and over again, thinking about what could've been. What could have happened if I had just been more decisive. And then there was Deku...

I was so worried and nervous when I heard Nighteye say those words. That Deku would die, and Overhaul would get away with Eri. I didn't see the full fight between Deku and that giant flying Chisaki monster. He had Eri on his back while elegantly soaring through the skies. Using a series of kicks and punches to control the air pressure around him in order to fly while keeping a young six-year-old girl comfortable on his back. Such a cool use of his powerful quirk. Deku was such a natural at battle strategy and coming up with inventive ways to use not just his quirk but the quirks of the heroes he idolizes and his friends around him. As much as I admired him for his knowledge of quirks and his innate sense for using them to their max potential, I can't help but feel jealous. Why couldn't I think like that... If only I could think like that? I could've helped and saved so many more people the day of the raid. If I had better control of my quirk... But isn't that why I came to UA? To learn how to be a better hero and get stronger. However, the quick progress made by the other students really discouraged me from trying to work on my own quirk because I felt as though I wouldn't be able to compare to the amazing heroes in my class, especially Deku.

The feeling of uselessness was consuming me, and I don't know how much more of this stress I could take.

I was still thinking about how amazing Deku was, and how useless I was in comparison when I heard my name being called pretty loudly. I snap out of my daze and notice Mina face-to-face with me.

"Uraraka, are you okay?" my friend asked.

"Yeah, I was just day-dreaming sorry..." I fain a weak smile as not to draw attention to myself but as I look back to everyone, I notice that they're looking to me. I quickly realize that Mina must have gotten through every other girl and now it was her turn to interrogate me. I quickly ask,

"Sorry, what did you ask, Ashido?" to cover the awkward silence while also trying to delay the inevitable. The pink-haired girl looked me in the eyes while smiling,