Chapter Fifty: Build a Bear

Usopp
As soon as I've checked the island I grin widely. They have exactly what I was thinking of doing for our date. Yes, it is a place targeted at children. Yes, it isn't a typical place for a first date. Regardless I think 'Build a Bear' is a good choice for my first date with Danni. It is fun and it is more interesting than just getting food. I hope she agrees though, some people may like this kind of thing but not as a date...I begin to doubt myself and decide to ask for a second opinion but I want to ask someone who won't just blurt it out. I consider and figure that the best person to ask is Kuro as he has never been the kind to snitch even on things like me being a jerk. I head over to where Kuro is sat cross-legged as usual, face buried in a book.

"Hi," I say, sitting by him.
"Hi," he murmurs, not looking up but that's to be expected really.
"Do you think Build a Bear is a good date?"I ask, not bothering with small talk because this is quite worrying.
"For you and Danni? Yes," he replies.
"Really?" I ask, slightly surprised that me and Kuro are on the same page for something."
"Mhm," he confirms. "It seems like something you'd both enjoy. Besides, it won't be busy today because it looks like there is a huge fair." I noticed that as well but figured the date would be a better idea since the rides are nauseating and the games are all rigged so it is really hard to win. Plus that means the crew are unlikely to see us on our date which is good.

"Guys! There's a fair! That means lots of loads of meat and fun!" Luffy cheers, coming over with a wide grin. "Let's all go!" I'm glad I've already asked Danni if she'd like to go on a date today otherwise I probably wouldn't ask since I don't wanna make her choose between the two and there may not be the location I was thinking on the next island. So, whilst the others head off to the fair (Luffy somehow convincing Kuro to go and not just hide in the library away from fun and social interactions) we head off into town.
"So gonna tell me where we're going?" she asks me, holding my hand. I feel my cheeks heat up with blush and I hope she doesn't notice. She giggles.
"You are so adorable sometimes," she comments which just makes me blush more. Yeah, she has definitely noticed.

We get to the front door of Build a Bear and I wait worriedly for her reaction.
"Ooh Build a Bear!" she says with a wide grin. "I love Build a Bear!" I let out a slight sigh of relief. She doesn't think it's stupid. Phew, I was so worried.
"So you don't mind this for our date?" I ask, anxiously. She giggles again.
"Course not silly!" she says. "It is a great idea!"

We head in and go over to the bears that look quite eerie and creepy without being stuffed.
"You going to get a fox then?" I ask her with a grin. She giggles and shakes her head.
"Would be a tad weird since I turn into one," she says. "Ima get the brown bear. He's got a bit of a long nose, like you!" I chuckle and decide if we're playing it that way then I may as well get a fox. I pick one out with the same green eyes that Danni has, despite knowing when it is stuffed it will be nowhere near as cute as fox Danni. We then head over to the scents and sounds but neither of us get the latter. I wouldn't want my teddy to have a sound, if you're asleep and roll over onto the paw you may have a heart attack. The scents though, that's a cute idea. Plus Danni seems to be having fun which is really cute. We stuff it then move onto clothes.

"Ooh they have some yellow trousers with the white bit at the bottom!"she cheers. "Okay, they don't have the additional decoration but it is close enough! And they have the orange suspenders! All I need now is some goggles and a white hat!" I chuckle.
"You really are trying to make it look like me, huh?" I ask. She nods, cheerfully, picking up a white hat. It doesn't seem like there are any goggles though. "If you want some goggles for it, I'll make some?" I offer. She brightens up and nods enthusiastically. "So what should I get mine to wear?"
"A demin jacket would look nice," she suggests and I nod in agreement since Danni tends to wear the demin jacket Nova made her a lot. I also add a white t-shirt, some trousers and a pair of blue shoes.