Chapter Five: Little Boat

Just a note that I do have permission to have Danni in this even though she isn't my OC. She is 

Nami
It is rather annoying really, the recent absence of enemies. The ones at the facility had no treasure so they don't count. Okay it is nice to not be in loads of fights but when we take down enemies we can take their treasure. Because there have been no enemies that means no treasure and no beli. It is infuriating because I really like my treasure. Money is the best thing (or one of the best) and I don't care that everyone thinks I'm obsessed because they're right. Liking money isn't a bad thing – it means I can buy more. Plus now we have someone who does textiles I can save more money rather than spending triple what the clothes are worth. I still want some treasure though and ASAP. I did not spend years of my life collecting it for others to not get opportunities to have it for myself. I cross my arms and look out at the sea at furrow my eyebrows at something not too far away from the ship. I focus and realise it is a small rowboat in pretty bad condition with supplies on it. Then I realise someone is on it and is unconscious.
"Guys we have situation over here!" I call. They come over and quickly get the boat on board.
"It's good you noticed," Franky comments. "Much longer at sea and her boat, along with her and her supplies, would have sunk for sure."

Well that much is obvious. I may not be a shipwright but even I can acknowledge that her ship is in bad condition.
"Is she okay, Chopper?" Luffy asks. He checks her over and nods.
"She'll be okay," he replies. "She'll be out for a while but she doesn't seem to have any injuries. It'll probably be a good idea to get her inside though. Zoro, can you bring her inside?" He nods and picks her up, taking her to the mediroom so she wakes up somewhere moderately normal. All infirmary type areas are the same so if she has ever been to one she could figure out where she is without panicking. I mean she might panic because she is with us who are known for our high bounties but that is beside the point.
"Is it normal to find unconscious people in the middle of nowhere?" Nova asks, sat on a counter again, legs swinging lightly.
"Not normally," I reply. "But anything can happen, especially here on the Grand Line. We have seen everything from mermaids to ghosts-"
"There are ghosts?!" Nova asks eagerly. "That is so cool! I would love to meet a ghost!" We're all quiet, not really knowing what to say to that given our experience with ghosts wasn't exactly a positive one. She (whoever she is) stirs slightly and sits up rubbing her eyes.

"Where am I?" she mumbles. I think it was to herself but Luffy takes it upon himself to answer anyway.
"You're aboard the Thousand Sunny!" he says with a grin. "Our ship!"
"Monkey D. Luffy..." she mumbles. "I must be seeing things...."
"Nope! You're medically fine," Chopper tells her.
"The whole crew..." she mumbles again.
"You know who we are then?" Zoro asks.
"Who doesn't?" she asks with a smile. "You are probably the most well known crew. It is an honour to meet you."
"It is nice to meet you too," Usopp says. "So...what's your name?"
"Danni. Danni Hunter," she replies. Her eyes land on Nova. "There's an intruder on the ship!"

"Nah, that's Nova!" Luffy says cheerfully. "He joined our crew a few days ago! He's a robot which is so super cool!" Yeah Luffy really doesn't believe in tact.
"Want us to take you back to your island?" Luffy offers. "Your boat isn't really going to get you far."
"Um...you don't mind?" she asks. Luffy shakes his head. "Then yes please....I'd better get my stuff to make sure we go the right way...um all my stuff was on my boat."
"That's okay, we brought your boat on board," Usopp says, for some reason seeming distracted. Hm. Curious. "Thanks guys. I don't know what would've happened if I stayed on that boat..."
"You would of died," Robin says, bluntly, in her usual matter of fact voice. She has even less tact than Luffy which is saying something.
"Thanks for the reminder," Danni says sheepishly with a grin.

"So what island are you from, Danni~Swan?" Sanji asks. I roll my eyes: he'll be happy now that there's another girl to flirt at. At least it potentially gives Robin and I a break. It's nice that he does things so easily for us but his constant attention and affections get rather irritating especially as he never seems to give up. Since Danni seems to like us she may not mind.
"It's called Stardust Island," she replies. "It's a few days from here. Are you sure that you don't mind taking me back?"
"Yeah it's fine," Luffy says. "We've never been there before so it'll be an adventure! Plus we can stock up on supplies there!" He has a point which happens sometimes.

Danni has a light tan and light but bright green eyes. Her hair is short and brown, fringe going towards one eye. She is average height and is wearing a white t-shirt with black stripes and pair of blue dungarees. I notice Usopp is still rather out of it but figure it is probably nothing. He's probably just being weird.
"Do you want some water Danni~San?" Sanji offers with heart eyes.
"No thank you," she says with a smile. "But thank you for offering."

The weather gets even hotter and I head off to change.
"It's too hot," I complain as I get back, sitting on a chair looking at the navigational charts.
"I'll make some ice-cream," Sanji says, leaping to his feet. "Robin~Chan, Danni~Swan would you like some too?"
"Yes please Sanji," Robin says with a smile: Danni says the same.
"Anyone else?" Sanji asks.
"What's ice-cream?"Nova asks.
"It's a cold sweet desert," Sanji replies. "It's pretty sweet so you'll probably like it."
"You've never had ice-cream?" Danni asks in surprise.
"I only went outside for the first time a few days ago," Nova explains. "But yeah, if it's sweet I'll like it."

Typical. I've only known him a few days but I still know it's typical.

Danni
I did not expect this. I did not expect to wake up on the Straw Hat's ship. I never, not once, saw that coming. And, in short, it is the best thing ever! I really admire them so being on their ship with them is an absolute dream come true! Plus now they're taking me back to my island? Today couldn't get any better! Jeez I sound like a fangirl which I absolutely am but that is besides the point. I need to not freak out in front of them because then they will think I'm weird and won't like me. Sanji is making the ice-cream and I now know the rumours about him and women are true. It's fine though. Kind of funny really.
"So you're first time outside was joining the crew?" I ask Nova who is fiddling with a needle and string, fixing a hole in his silver jacket.
"Yup!" he says cheerfully. "I saw a rainbow for the first time the other day. So far things are great! It's awesome!"

I smile. I only just met him but Nova seems to be one of those people with contagious happiness. Similar to what the newspapers say Luffy is like: so happy that it rubs off on others.
"So how did you join?" I ask.
"Um...Luffy offered and I said yes?" he replies. "I'm not really sure but it is great!"
"Yup, you're very lucky," I tell him. "They're a great crew. One of, if not the, best."
"You know a lot about them then?" he asks.
"Yup. They are very well known," I say not going into how much I'm interested in them because they'll think I'm some sort of creep.

Sanji comes out with the ice-cream.
"I made vanilla so Nova's taste buds don't explode," he says with a grin, passing it round as we all thank him.
"This is so good!" Nova exclaims, taking a big bite without getting a brain freeze. Right: robot. Sanji grins.
"I'll make chocolate next time," he says. "Since you have such a sweet tooth." Nova looks very happy about that and I giggle because these lot are very fun to be around.

"Did you know potato ice-cream is a thing?" Robin says. My nose wrinkles at the idea.
"Potato ice-cream?" I ask. "That sounds horrible."
"It's not nice," Robin agrees with a small smile. "But I've had worse. It was certainly interesting."

I smile: it seems everything I have heard about them is true: they are great people to be around with amazing interactions. I would love to join their crew but I know that would never happen. I sigh slightly but am still happy. I have a few days with the Straw Hats and I am going to make the best of it.