Chapter Fourteen: Missing Ship

Danni
In the distance I notice Usopp and Chopper. Usopp seems to notice us too.
"Danni! Nova!" he says, waving us over. We (obviously) head over. "Hi!"
"Hi Usopp," I say with a smile. "Hey Chopper. You guys get everything you need?"
"Yeah Chopper got some more medical supplies and I got some stuff for ammo. Did you two?"
"Yup!" Nova says, cheerfully, with a wide grin. "The sweet shop here is so good! Plus I finally got some more fabrics!"
"I still can't figure out who that guy was," I say to myself, frowning slightly. I like knowing things for sure.
"Lots of people do look alike," Nova points out, nibbling on marshmallows. "It could be that."
"I'm not sure," I say, unconvinced. "I'm certain I saw him in newspapers before."
"Well, what did he look like?" Usopp asks.
"Uh...pale, tallish, dark hair, glasses," Nova lists off. The effect is instantaneous.

Usopp pales considerably, his expression considerably darkening, a mix of hatred and fear crossing his features. I'm not an idiot: I can tell something is definitely wrong. Whoever they are, they're not a friend of the Straw Hats. Anything but.
"Don't go near him again," Chopper instructs, seriously.
"Is he bad?" Nova questions, curiously. Chopper nods and Usopp's expression settles on a strong glare.
"He nearly killed my friend, Kaya..." he mutters, crossing his arms. "He pretended to be her butler just so he could get her money." Oh. Him. Yeah I remember him from the newspapers and I entirely understand the two's reaction. I feel my eyebrows knit and I clench my fists tightly.
"Think he's doing the same thing here?" Nova asks. He'd better bloody not! Seriously, you think Luffy beating him would have taught him a thing or two.
"Doesn't make sense for him to be working in a shop if he was," Chopper points out but I'm not sure I agree. I think I'll go back there and give him a piece of my mind!

Usopp gently grabs my arm, shaking his head.
"We don't want to make a scene," he points out. I sigh, knowing he's right. Nova does not look convinced.
"Are you sure?" he questions. "It sounds like he really crossed a line."
"I said leave it!" Usopp snaps. Nova looks like a kicked puppy for a moment. "Sorry, didn't mean to snap."
"He hurt you. So I'm going to hurt him. Badly," I mutter, thinking idly about how I did just get my dagger sharpened so hurting him wouldn't be hard.
"Danni, Usopp has a point," Chopper says. "We should at least wait for the others and it seems stupid for him to be working in a shop if he wanted to do something."
"Fine," I agree, albeit reluctantly.

We head to where the rest of the crew are, Nova and Chopper stopping for candyfloss, but I can't get rid of the pissed feeling. Or the glare. Someone hurt my friends but I can't hurt them back which is a rather crappy situation.
"Did everyone get what they needed?" Sanji asks, holding several bags of food supplies.
"Yep, this place had some really good sales," Nami says. She glances at Sanji. "The bags are really heavy though."
"I'll carry them for you Nami~San," Sanji offers, taking them from her, carrying a huge amount of bags at this point. She is good at doing what she does. We head back to where the ship is. Then freeze mid-step. The ship was here but now? Nope.
"We did leave it here, right?" Zoro asks, frowning. Luffy nods. Anger burns a flame into my chest: I'm pretty sure I know exactly what happened to the ship.

We run into an old enemy of the Straw Hats and the ship just so happens to go missing? That most certainly cannot be a coincidence! I don't care if I make a scene, I don't care if it pisses him off. I am going to go to him and sort this guy out!
"I can't take this anymore!" I declare, running off back to the sweet shop, ignoring the calls asking me where I'm going.

Luffy
So our ship is gone. Someone dared mess with our Thousand Sunny and we all know that the ship is part of the crew. A very important part. If anyone messes with any of my crew I'll take them down do whoever he...or she...is then they are going down! Painfully if need be especially if they have caused damage to it. Yes, Franky could probably repair any damage but that is beside the point. You treat other's ships and flags with respect; it is a representation of the crew and ideals. Danni looks pissed off- even more pissed off than I feel- clenching both her fists.
"I can't take this anymore!" she declares, running off. Huh? What is this about?
"Uh...what's up with Danni?" Robin asks which is good because it saves me asking.
"She and Nova ran into..." Chopper begins but his voice trails off, looking less than happy. So whoever it is, it's someone not good.
"Kuro..." Usopp finishes for him, crossing his arms. Oh. Him.