𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟯𝟴 || To Cheat a Cheater

Emery tried all afternoon not to think of what she had seen in the pensieve.

She spent the rest of the day with Sirius, who was distracting her from her thoughts. The two had played in the snow outside, and were currently in the middle of an intense game of exploding snap.

When Emery's had gotten up to adjust her chair, Sirius leaned forward and stole a card from the pile, thinking that Emery wasn't looking.

When Emery played her turn, the cards exploded. Sirius burst out laughing.

Emery glared at Sirius. 

"HEY CHEATER!" Emery said, launching onto him, trying to snatch his cards.

 He smirked.

"How dare you?" he mused. "I, a cheater? I'm just great at exploding snap, love, admit it."

"NO YOU'RE NOT!" Emery yelled, hitting him with a cushion she found on the floor. "YOU CHEATED!"

"OW! OW! OW!" Sirius said, blocking her blows with his arms. His chair suddenly toppled over, Emery falling on top of him. She continued hitting him.

"Say it," she demanded, giving him a blow with the pillow. "Admit you cheated."

"No," Sirius laughed stubbornly. "OW!" he squealed, as Emery gave him another thwack. 

Emery hovered above him, the pillow in her hands, Sirius beneath her. "YOU DESERVE THAT YOU CHEAT!" she shouted, his protests ignored.

The pillow accidentally missed Sirius and flew from Emery's grasp. Sirius used the opportunity to grab her wrists.

Emery gazed down at him, her eyes widening in surprise. His fingers were cold, but they somehow felt warm on her skin.

"Oh, I've got you now, Fowl," he muttered, then grinned as he sat up and pushed her to the carpet, her wrists bound together with his fingers.

"Argh, let me go," she kicked stubbornly, trying to break free. "You cheat! CHEAEEAARGH!!" Sirius begun tickling her rapidly, his fingers on her waist.

"Stop, stop," Emery rasped, laughing and screaming at the same time. 

"Say I'm not a cheat," sang Sirius. "Admit I'm better at exploding snap than you are, and I'll let you go."

Emery shook her head. "No," she said in between laughs, shaking her head as she lay on the floor. "You- you're a cheater," she forced. "Oh, you are going down, Black."

"SIRIUS!" she squealed, as he tickled her waist harder. "Stop, stop, stop," she begged.

"Say Sirius Black is the handsomest person alive, and he's the best at exploding snap," he said, turning a deaf ear to her pleas.

"NEVER!" she declared. 

Then, she thought, her back pressed against the floor. "But I will do something else," she murmured, looking into his eyes.

"What?" Sirius asked lowly, smirking. Emery felt herself go weak in the knees. "What will you do, Emery Fowl?" he questioned, meeting her eyes.

Sirius, mesmerized by the shades of blue in her crystal eyes, gradually loosened his grip. Emery took advantage and flipped him over.

She smiled slyly.

 Towering over him, she sat on him, each leg on either side of his torso. She leaned over to whisper in his ear, taking her palm and touching his face, rubbing her thumb on his cheek.

 "Would you like a kiss, Sirius Black?" she murmured, heat rushing to her face as her breath tickled his ear.

She didn't know where the confidence to ask such a question came from, but it was enough to make Sirius put his guard down, and be at her mercy, even though she didn't mean them at all.

Sirius felt his hair stand at the back of his neck. He was at a loss of words. "I," he gulped, his cheeks suddenly red. "I uh.."

He nodded, then shook his head.

Emery smirked at his obvious discomfort, then leaned again to whisper in his ear. "You, are a cheat, Sirius Black. And I'll be damned if I let you win."

The hairs on the back of Sirius' neck stood up, as he suddenly felt a jolt of electricity pass through him, Emery's words echoing in his ear.

Emery then  realized the intimacy of their position, and quickly stood up, color rushing to her cheeks.

She brushed her hair away from her face, just as Sirius stood up.

"I uh," Emery began, avoiding his eyes. "I'll clean up here," she said, gesturing to the cards.

"I'll help," said Sirius decidedly, helping her collect the cards.

Mrs. Fowl chose then to come in.

"Sirius, Emery, guess what?" she said smiling. "I have good news for you."

Emery's ears perked up, and she looked at her mother.

Mrs. Fowl continued speaking. "This year, I invited the Potters over for Christmas," she said. "So you can spend it together."

"YES!" cheered the two, running forward and hugging Mrs. Fowl.

"Thank you, Mama," beamed Emery. 

"That's great news, Mrs. Fowl. Thanks for arranging it," Sirius said maturely. 

Mrs. Fowl smiled, kissing Emery's head. 

Then, she left the room, closing the door behind her.

Emery squealed, attacking Sirius in a hug.

They were both smiling.

a/n: This chapter was pre-written. filler. hope you liked it.

REMINDER: Please do check out ELIXIR OF REVERIES on my profile, and do leave a request or any ideas for a oneshot, or short story.

thanks.

elsie.