𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟯𝟲 || To Discover

Emery felt no pain when she fell.

Opening her eyes, she was met by a pair of stormy grey orbs staring deep into hers. She could feel one of Sirius' arms under her knees, and another at her waist.

Somehow, she was clinging onto his neck, her hands wrapped around him as she buried her head in his chest.

Emery smiled shyly at Sirius.

"Hi," she murmured.

Why did I say hi? That's a stupid thing to say. Especially to someone you've spent the past half an hour with.

Sirius looked at Emery, his muscular arms wrapping her slim frame. Her jasmine scent wafted to his nose, and her breath smelled like chocolate and cookies.

Her hair was splayed across his chest, tickling his hands and neck slightly.

"Looks like you fell for me," Sirius whispered, his hot breath fanning her lips.

Emery's breath hitched. "I-"

She couldn't speak.

"I-" She sighed. "Actually.."

"Shh," Sirius hushed her softly. "Just glad you're alright," he whispered, then bowed his head and leant forwards.

Still in his arms, Emery looked at Sirius as he came closer to her, not knowing what he was doing. She was unable to move, since he had a very firm grip on her, but her mind had failed her, and she couldn't think of what to do next.

Emery closed her eyes as Sirius bent his head closer to her. She felt his breath on her skin, and could feel the warmth radiating off him. 

The smell of firewhiskey and cigarettes intoxicated her senses, and Emery began blushing.

Sirius moved his lips to her ear. "I told you you'll fall," he whispered hotly, the smirk evident in his words. 

A chill spread through Emery, making her feel flustered and hot. 

Before Sirius could register what he was doing, he placed his lips on her cheek, pressing a slow kiss on her skin.

Emery felt as if her face was on fire. The imprint of Sirius' lips left a burning sensation on her cheek, and her heart gave a wild flutter.

"Sirius," she breathed. 

Their eyes met, and Emery was lost in his stormy grey orbs.

"Be careful," Sirius murmured in her ear. "I won't always be there to catch you."

Shivers crawled down her spine, and she felt her cheeks on fire. 

She was almost one hundred percent sure he could hear her heartbeat.

"Thanks," she said breathlessly, unhooking her arms from around his neck, her cheek still tingling with the ghost of Sirius' lips.

"Anything for a friend," he said softly, then placed her back on the ground.

Emery moved a step back from Sirius, suddenly feeling embarrassed.

 "The book," she said, suddenly coming back to the present situation. "It's still up there."

Sirius glared at her. "You mean to tell me, that you climbed all the way up there, nearly hurt yourself, and fell down, just to come back down with no book?"

"Well.." she began. 

Sirius ignored her and pushed her to the side, suddenly noticing a glint of gold on the shelf.