𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟯𝟰 || To Open a Door

Emery was lying on the sofa opposite the fireplace, a tiny scroll of parchment coiled tightly in her hand as she waited for Sirius to come.

As if almost reading her thoughts, the fire turned green, indicating that someone was coming from the other side.

Emery hastily jumped off the couch, and stood up, looking anxiously at the emerald flames.

Once the smoke disappeared, a foot stepped out of the fireplace.

Emery looked up.

Sirius Black grinned back at her.

"Sirius!" Emery exclaimed, running to him and jumping up, wrapping his arms around his neck. Sirius nearly fell over with her weight, even though she wasn't that heavy.

"Emery," he said, nearly toppling over with the force that Emery held him with. "Too tight," he rasped, as her arms squeezed his neck.

"Oh," said Emery, tugging away, blushing. "Sorry."

"S alright," Sirius murmured, rubbing his neck, looking at Emery.

Sirius caught a glimpse of Emery's hand, the parchment sticking out from her fist.

He lowered his voice. 

"Is that?" he asked, gesturing to her hand.

Emery nodded. 

Sirius was about to speak when Emery cut him off. "Shh," she whispered. "Not here. Mama doesn't know."

"Oh," said Sirius. "Right."

Emery went to the parlor, Sirius following her.

 Her mother was reading.

"Mama," Emery said.

The woman looked up from her book. 

"Sirius came," she said, gesturing behind her. "We're going to the library, alright?"

Her mother nodded. "Lunch is in an hour. I'll call you when it's time."

Emery left her mother, closing the door behind her.

"She's busy," she told Sirius. "Come on," she said cheerfully. "Let's go to the library."

Sirius followed her silently as she roamed the halls, coming to a stop at a tall pair of wooden double doors.

Pushing the door with her weight, she grunted slightly as she pushed the door.

"It's not opening," she sighed. "Must be ages since I last entered this place."

"Here," said Sirius, putting his hand against the door, "Let me help."

"No," said Emery. "I can do it by myself. I used to do it when I was ten."

Sirius shrugged and leaned his back against a marble pillar, watching Emery as she struggled to open the heavy doors.

She pushed with all her might, but ended up slipping and falling to the floor with a thud.

Sirius smirked.

Emery shot him a glare and stood up, dusting her dress. She pushed at the doors again.

The door didn't budge.

She fell down again, due to the slipperiness of the floor.

Sirius chuckled, walking close to her.