𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟱𝟭 || To Admit

Before long, winter turned into spring, bringing with it the lively sound of birds, and blooming flowers with aromatic fragrances everywhere.

The skies were mostly clear blue, with a few clouds here and there, and the trees began sprouting new leaves in preparation for the following year. 

Animals had come out from their state of hibernation, and Emery spent majority of her time outdoors feeding them.

Spring seemed to do her well, and she flourished in the gorgeous weather, becoming healthier and fuller.

Sirius had noticed a change in Emery too.

She seemed to have a glowing complexion, and her cheeks were constantly pink. She had changed her style of clothing too, Sirius noticed, and he found himself wanting to kiss her now more than ever.

Emery dressed mostly in light colors, mainly whites, and beiges.  She wore different types of hats everyday, and she always looked the epitome of perfection.

Boys seemed to take an interest in her as well, and Sirius even hexed Bertram Aubrey's head to enlarge to twice its size, something that got him a double detention.

On Saturday, a lovely spring morning, Emery and Cecilia were lying in the grass, making daisy chains and telling each other stories.

They were joined by a laughing Marlene McKinnon, who said she was running away from Lily Evans.

Emery invited Marlene to sit with them, since she got along quite well with her, seeing as the two were similar in a number of ways.

Cecilia was comfortable with Marlene, as they were both potion partners during class. 

"So," asked Cecilia, turning to Marlene. "Why were you hiding from Lily?"

Marlene giggled. "I may or may not have used a muggle camera to record her sleep talking," she hummed, with a nonchalant shrug.

"What was she saying?" asked Emery excitedly. 

Marlene grinned mischievously. "She was confessing her love for Potter," she said wickedly. "And I threatened to show it to him."

"AHA!" exclaimed Emery. "I knew it! I knew she fancied Potter."

Marlene nodded. "You and me both, Em, you and me both."

Emery smirked. "You know what this is good for?" she asked with a grin.

"No," replied Marlene, a smile forming on her face. "What?"

"Bribing material."

They burst into peals of laughter, discussing what they could bribe Lily Evans into doing.

A while later, the topic switched to Sirius.

"Emery likes Sirius, doesn't she?" asked Cecilia out loud.

Emery immediately turned red, her cheeks flushing. "Err-" She cleared her throat. "What gave you that idea?" she stuttered. 

Marlene gave her a knowing look. "Honey, it's obvious you think of him more than friends," she drawled lazily, picking flowers from the ground and weaving them into Emery's hair.

"I- I don't," she said, defending herself.

"Emery's new to these feeling, Marlene," sighed Cecy. "She doesn't know what to do with them."

Marlene winked at Emery. "I see." She took a flower and picked the petals off, one by one. "You'll realize in time, darling, don't worry."

Emery just smiled, her head spinning at the thought.