𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟳 || To Miss a Tornado

As Emery closed her eyes, a tear dropped from Sirius' face and down to Emery's cheek.

"Emery," he stated. "Emery, please, this isn't funny. Emery," he muttered. 

"EMERYYYY!" he roared.

But the blonde remained motionless.

Sirius placed an arm under her neck, and the other around her wounded waist, careful not to hurt her, and slowly lifted her up and pulled her into his chest, blood getting on to his brand new dress robes.

But he didn't care.

All that mattered was Emery Fowl, the girl who risked her life to save his.

He carried her through the corridors as fast as he could, taking her to the Hospital Wing and placing her gently on an empty bed.

"Madam Pomfrey," he cried. "There's an emergency."

Madam Pomfrey rushed out of her office.

"Oh My," she muttered. "Oh, Merlin."

"Black, get out, Now," she said. "Get me dittany, hurry."

Sirius, who knew very well what dittany was, rushed to the medical cupboard and found the tiny silver bottle, handing it to the nurse.

"Is- is she.." Sirius choked.

"She's alive. Barely breathing," Madam Pomfrey assured. "But she'll hopefully make it."

Sirius breathed a sigh of relief.

Remembering exactly what happened only moments before, Sirius rushed to tell Dumbledore.

***

She was dreaming, in a place of pure bliss.

The sky shone blue, the soft sand beneath her feet as she walked across the beachside. The water lapped at her feet, the gentle waves tickling her toes.

She was free.

A light blue summer dress hung off her, ending at her knees. Her short wavy blonde hair glistened in the sun, shimmering in the golden rays.

Her crystal blue eyes sparkled with mirth as they turned to the man she called her hero.

Her father.

"Papa," she whispered, holding his hand as they walked together.

"Little Fox," he hummed. 

"Where are we going?" she asked him, her heart beating wildly at the thought of one of her father's many surprises.

"You'll see," he smirked. 

And they walked, creating footsteps in the sand.

"Papa, where are you?" Emery asked.

"I'm right here," he replied, touching her heart. "Right with you. Forever."

"I know," she said. "But sometimes I wonder why you left."

His eyes turned dark. "There are dangerous things, far more dangerous than you'd ever encounter. I left to keep you safe. But I'm right here."

"Papa, where are you going?" she asked, watching him turn away with a sad expression.

"Home."

"But your home is in Fowl Manor," she said. "I don't get it."

He chuckled, the sky suddenly turning dark. "I don't expect you to," he replied. 

"You need to leave, it's not safe," he said, walking forwards to her. "Stay safe. I'm with you."

They sky became blacker, the waves became rougher.

Lightning echoed through the landscape.

"Papa, please, don't leave me," Emery pleaded. 

"You can do this, my brave Fox. Get through. Remember, 14041960. Don't forget."

"Papa," she whimpered, clutching his legs.

"I love you Emery," he whispered, kissing her head.

"I love you too," she choked.

But he never heard it, because he was gone. 

The storm cackled wildly as it began to brew.

***

Sunlight streamed through the window, bathing the room in golden rays.

Emery was asleep, feeling numb all over, as well as sweaty and terribly hungry. She felt warmth on her face, and she could see red beneath her eyelids.

Faint voices could be heard.

"How is she?"

"Much better," said a voice, "The boy brought her just in time."

Boy? What boy?

"Did he say what happened?" asked the other voice.

"No," said the woman, "I let him rest, he experienced a high level of trauma."

"I see. Let him rest, I will come back when he wakes up," said the man.

Emery wanted to shout, 'I'm awake!' but she couldn't.

Instead, she tried moving, but a huge pain erupted from her abdomen.

All at once, last nights memories flooded through her head.

Oh, no! Sirius is in danger. I have to save him.

Once again, she tried to get up, but she felt a heavier pain.

She whimpered, trying to open her eyes.

"Emery?" questioned a voice, hinted with sleep and grogginess.

She wanted to answer, but a groan sounded from her lips instead. 

"Emery, are you awake?" whispered the same voice.

Emery tried blinking, wetting her eyes in order to open them. 

Emery sighed, then felt her eyelids suddenly lighten. Slowly, she tried opening them.

Her eyes fluttered open.

"Oh, thank god," whispered the voice, and Emery saw it to be Sirius.

"Sirius?" 

"Yes love, it's me," he reassured her with a smile. Emery blushed. 

"How are you feeling?"

Emery smiled. "Hungry."

Sirius laughed.

"It's good to have you back, Tornado. Hogwarts has been too quiet without you."

a/n: I know this chapter is short. but i double updated today=)

thanks for reading, stay safe.

love, elsie.