𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟱 || To Lose a Hat

The next day, Emery woke up with a groan, thoroughly upset that she had been rudely woken up by Cecy who had poured water all over Emery and snatched her duvet.

Her blue drapes had been snatched open and sunlight spilled over Emery's pale complexion and long blonde locks.

She quickly changed into her Ravenclaw robes, and hastily brushed her hair before tying it into a loose ponytail, which she preferred over braids.

Before she left, she glared at the hat on her nightstand. Remembering her promise to her mother, she sighed and wore it, and pulled on her silk gloves too. 

Then, she left for breakfast in the great hall.

After Emery had eaten as much toast as her stomach could take, she proceeded to walk with Cecy to transfiguration, which was their first lesson of the year.

Emery imitated Dumbledore all the way while walking to the transfiguration classroom, and by the time the two got there, they were in a fit of giggles.

On seeing Professor McGonagall, Emery squealed, "MINNIE!"

Professor McGonagall merely clicked her tongue in annoyance. 

Emery took this as permission to continue. "How positively corking wonderful it is to see you," she gasped dramatically.

"Indeed, Miss Fowl," said McGonagall boredly. "Sit."

Emery sat on the floor. 

Luckily, Professor McGonagall didn't notice, as a particularly rambunctious group of Gryffindor boys strutted in, before noisily greeting the Professor and then taking the four seats at the back of the class.

Professor McGonagall began lecturing them about how sixth-year wasn't a joke, and how they were N.E.W.T students now.

Emery paid more attention than she had ever done, mainly because she was a little bit tame on the first week of school. 

She was quite pleased with her O.W.L results, since she barely studied due to her incapability of reading for more than half an hour a day.

She had gotten five 'Outstandings' in Charms, Potions, Transfiguration, Ancient Runes and Arithmancy, three 'Exceeds Expectations' in Astronomy, Defence Against the Dark Arts, and Herbology, and one 'Acceptable' in Astronomy, and 'Poor' in History of Magic and Divination.

The only thing she was capable of doing in History of Magic was causing mayhem in class and sleeping.

She had gone forth with Transfiguration, Defence Against the Dark Arts, Potions, Charms, Ancient Runes, Arithmancy and Alchemy class twice a week. True, her schedule was slightly full, but Emery was sure she'd be able to manage. 

Cecy, on the other hand, had gotten eight 'Outstandings', one 'Exceeds Expectations' and one 'Acceptable'. She had gone with the core subjects, and hoped to be a teacher someday.

Emery didn't know what she wanted to become. 
Definitely not a teacher, that's for sure.

Professor McGonagall had begun the basic fundamentals of human transfiguration, when she noticed Emery on the floor. 

She cleared her throat. Emery continued making patterns on the floor with her finger.

"Miss Fowl," said Professor McGonagall. "It would be nice if you could use your chair."