𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟰𝟮 || To Send a Letter

Emery sat in her father's secret room, reading through the documents she found under the loose floorboard.

The man Pierre, was an extremely intelligent gentleman from what she was reading, and every sentence written could be interpreted in a different way, as if to have a secret meaning.

And Emery spent hours poring over the documents, only to realize that they were fake.

They had the real stamp and everything, but they were copies of the original.

The originals were probably in the French Museum Archive.

The documents were copies, but hardly anyone could tell. The only reason how Emery knew they were copies was the way the ink was slightly lighter than the normal black ink used.

As Emery was taught, all Professional documents must be written in black ink. Not a shade lighter.

This ink, however, was slightly lighter, just by a single shade.

But it made a huge difference.

That was when Emery knew what to do.

Pierre had left her father a backup plan, in case things went wrong.

Emery had to do this.

For her father, who risked everything to save France.

She took a quill and parchment.

Dipping her quill in the ink, she placed her hand at the top of the parchment and decided to write, taking occasional breaks to think of what to write next.

Dear Greek Minister,

It is with a heavy heart-

No, that sounded like a funeral.

Crumpling the parchment, she tried again.

Dear Minister of Greece,

I know you don't know me-

Nah, that sounded like she was a stalker.

She rolled the parchment between her fingers again, throwing in on the floor.

Taking a deep breath, she took another roll of parchment and begun writing.

Dear Minister of Greece,

My name is Emery Fowl. I am the daughter of Artemis Fowl of Fowl Manor, England. I know what happened twenty six years ago, and I am determined to put an end to it all.

I know you have my father, it doesn't take a genius to figure it out, but I do not know what you need from him.

I have grown up six years without him, and after finding out he's alive, I wish to reunite with him once more. But it is not so easy.

There are obstacles in the path of our reunion, and I will do anything in my power to have him back, as a free man.

Pierre is dead, but there is no need to hold a grudge anymore. It will only tear you down and ruin you from the inside. Perhaps it is time to let go of the past and start a new era.

I have the documents you wish. The proof of the rigged Quidditch game. Pierre left them for my father, and I managed to acquire them.

Let him go, or else I will release the documents into the public.

You have one week.

Please write back.

With all due respect, Minister,

Emery Fowl of Fowl Manor, England.

Emery read the letter several times through, before deciding it was good enough. She folded the letter, placing it in an envelope, and sealing it with the royal blue Fowl crest.

Once the wax had dried, she left the secret room, giving the letter to her owl.

"Take it to the wizarding post office," she whispered, kissing its feathery head.

Nervousness filled through her. Hopefully everything would go as per the plan.

Emery climbed up the stairs, heading towards the room she shared with her mother, changing into her pajamas and falling asleep, knowing that in just a few hours time, she'd have to go back to Hogwarts.

She lay in her bed, then picked Marco up, and cuddled into him.

He gave a tiny quack, and Emery suddenly felt proud of him. "You go, Marco," she purred, petting his soft head. "You're the best duck in the world, aren't you?"

Marco gave another tiny quack and closed his eyes.

Emery smiled, and pulled him closer, cuddling into him. 

Then, thinking of Marco, she drifted into a soft slumber.