𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟰 || To Play Dress Up

To say that Emery Fowl was surprised would be an understatement.

"Holy Merlin and Merlin's Grandma and the rest of the Merlin population," she murmured out loud, her eyes wide and her jaw open.

Cecilia laughed. "Merlin population?" she snorted, "Couldn't you think of something better?"

Emery shook her head. 

"Oh, well," she said, "You're not upset, are you?"

"No," admitted Emery. "I'm just shocked how all this was under my nose and I couldn't solve it."

"Yeah, I thought you knew, so I yelled at you earlier," Cecilia said. "I'm sorry."

Emery said nothing, but pulled the girl into a hug, wrapping her arms tightly around her slim figure.

"Hold on a second," said Emery, breaking away. "I just realized something."

"What?"

"You have a brother?"

"Oh, yes," said Cecilia. "He graduated from Hogwarts last year. I met with him last month. He's actually really sweet."

"Wait, wait, wait," called Emery dramatically, "Did you just call Lucius Malfoy sweet? I've pranked him loads of times, and now I feel really guilty," she moaned, clutching her face and pulling her cheeks down.

Cecilia burst out laughing.

***

The Christmas ball was in two hours.

The entire castle was in a state of turmoil, and there was panic and rush everywhere. Cecilia and Emery were in the girls' dormitory, which seemed too small all of a sudden. 

Sybil Trelawny, one of Emery's dormmate, was wearing a deep green dress that reached her ankles, paired with a strange sort of ornamental Christmas hat.

Hestia Jones, along with Emmeline Vance, both inseparable, were wearing identical dresses of deep burgundy, which in Emery's opinion made them look like twins.

Cecilia was getting dressed, styling her blonde curls into an interesting, fancy updo. In Emery's opinion, she looked divine. 

She wore a long, black dress, made of a soft velvet material, with thin spaghetti straps holding it up. It was simple, yet she looked like a goddess.

Only Emery wasn't getting ready.

She was sitting on her bed, playing Wizard chess against herself.

Once Cecilia was ready, she looked at Emery, who was shouting at herself for helping the opposite team, which was...herself.

"Em, why aren't you getting ready?" Cecilia inquired, "The ball is in an hour."

Emery shrugged. "I don't know what to wear," she sighed.

Cecilia giggled. "Oh, you always do this," she said, shaking her head and smiling to herself. 

"Well it's true," whined Emery. "I don't want anything fancy, or anything too bright. Why couldn't I just go in pants and a blouse?"

Cecilia hummed. "Em, you know you can't, and you know why. I don't know why you bother to ask the same question every single time, while still knowing the answer."