𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟯𝟭 || To be Welcomed Home

When Emery entered the gates of Fowl Manor after six years, she was ecstatic.

This was the place she had grown up, the place where she had spent most of her childhood. Those happy days she spent with her father were all spent here. 

This was the place she called home.

Emery preferred Fowl Manor to Wood Manor, mainly because there was so much more to do. For one, Fowl Manor had more gardens, and had a pool as well. Not to mention a Quidditch pitch, which she used to practice on with her dad when she was younger.

She used to spend a lot of time gardening as well, and now, six years later, she had a wonderful selection of fruits and flowers.

The first two days at Fowl Manor, Emery roamed the whole place thoroughly, walking through the halls and giving herself an entire tour of the house. She explored every nook and cranny, and even managed to discover a couple of very convenient secret passages.

Among all of this, she got to hang about with her mother, decorating the house as they prepared for Christmas.

To Emery, this was the greatest fun. It brought back so many memories, when her and her parents used to decorate the Manor every Christmas. 

She saw a side of her mother she had never seen before, and it reminded her of the days before her dad disappeared, where her mother was a more carefree and fun person.

She had her back.

And that was the greatest Christmas gift Emery could ask for.

Although it was only the two of them in a ginormous Manor, it didn't stop the two from having fun, or feeling lonely. Of course there were servants and staff, but they didn't count, seeing as they had duties to attend to around the clock.

Every minute spent with her mother was golden time. They cooked stuff together, baked cookies, and even played outside in the snow together.

A week before Christmas, it was finally the date where Cecilia would officially be considered a Malfoy. 

Although she wasn't Delilah Wood's real daughter, everything Delilah Wood owned was still passed down to her.

During the day, Emery and Cecilia went with Lucius Malfoy to sort out all of Cecilia's possessions at Wood Manor, and then it would be locked up for good.

Cecilia didn't want the Manor where she lived a lie, especially since Elanor Malfoy had done everything in her power to give Cecilia a new and beautiful life, but she just wanted to take the items she considered important.

She called Emery to help her, and the two girls spent the afternoon before the party sorting out Cecilia's old things, and laughing out their memories together.

Lucius Malfoy, who was overjoyed in finally getting his sister back, didn't let her out of his sight even for a second.  

He constantly hugged her and asked her if she was okay, kissing her forehead and helping her in whatever way he could, and Emery could see that he really loved Cecilia.

Lucius Malfoy, she realized, had the same shade of hair as Cecilia's and even had the same eyes, and Emery realized how foolish she was to not see the similarities earlier.

Amongst everything, Emery and Lucius Malfoy made a truce. Emery would forever stop pranking him if it meant he would forgive her, and take care of Cecy as much as he could.

That was a given of course, since for most of Cecilia's life, Emery and her were as close as sisters.

While cleaning up Delilah's room, Cecilia claimed she wanted to do it alone, and so Emery and Lucius were stuck alone for a while. They used this time to bond and put their differences aside.

Moments later, Cecilia came out holding a small wooden box, and her eyes were red. She was angry, and no doubt had been crying.

But when Lucius and Emery came to ask her what was wrong, she brushed it off by saying, "stupid woman. Thinks she can lie to me. As if I'm that oblivious."

At this, they comforted Cecilia, and once she felt a bit better, Lucius decided to take her home in order to begin the party preparations and get Cecilia ready.

"You know, Emery," Lucius had said as he locked up the house, "you're not half as bad as I thought."

"You too, Lucius," Emery responded. "Cecilia is lucky to have you. At first I was scared you wouldn't take care of her, but now I'm assured she's in safe hands."

Lucius gave her a scarce smile. "She is," he said. 

"See you at the party." 

"See you," she responded.

Then, with Cecilia by his side, he apparated.

Emery and her mother spent the rest of the day baking cookies for Cecilia, and getting ready. Mrs. Fowl was wearing robes of deep mauve, and Emery thought she looked like a goddess. 

Emery, on the other hand, decided to get ready without her mother's help. In events like these, Mrs. Fowl usually advised Emery what to wear, but she assured her mother that she won't wear anything silly or embarrassing.

When Emery descended the steps half an hour later, her mother was amazed. 

Emery was embellished in a modest floor-length dress of light blue, making herself look much older and more mature. The dress was plain, made from chenille, with one sleeve and a knot on her left shoulder. Floaty blue chiffon material then tumbled down from from the sleeve, all the way to the floor.

She wore gold shoes with a slight heel, increasing her in height and making her look more womanly.

Her short hair was emphasized, and she pinned it up from the side with a small barrette. 

"Emery, darling, you look wonderful," her mother said, pulling her into a hug and fondling her hair. That was when her mother noticed that she'd cut it.

"Emery," she gasped. "You cut your hair."

Emery grinned. "Took you long enough to notice," she said. "It looks nice, doesn't it?"

Her mother nodded, still shocked by the loss of her long hair.

"Let's go," her mother said, before apparating, Emery by her side.

a/n: this chapter was exactly 1000 words long.. it's just a filler.. but it took a bit of time to write, for some reason..

the link to Emery's dress is in the external link, as well as here in this comment:

hope you enjoyed this, stay tuned.

see you.

✌🏻peace. 

elsie out  🏃🏻‍♀️🚪