𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟬|| To Play a Prank

When Emery bid Sirius farewell at the entrance of the Great Hall, she sat down at the Ravenclaw table for breakfast feeling considerably lighter and in a much better mood than she felt the whole week.

In her head, this good mood deserved an award, which was to be celebrated in the form of a prank.

Slowly, as she sipped her pumpkin juice and devoured her toast, the wheels and gears of her brain were at work, whirring at top speed as they came up with a plan.

Once the plan had formulated in her head, she decided she needed a culprit.

As her eyes flitted across the great hall, they landed on her chosen victim.

Oh, this was going to be good.

After breakfast, there was still no sign of Cecilia, and Emery was getting worried. Lately, she had been so busy in her own troubles that she had completely neglected her cousin. Sighing, she dusted the crumbs off her skirt and made her way to the Ravenclaw tower, off to wake Cecilia up and cheer her up.

Unfortunately, when she reached the dormitory, Cecilia was nowhere to be seen.

That was when Emery knew something was wrong.

She racked her brains as to where Cecilia could go, and the only place she thought to check was the library.

No sooner than she left the room, Cecilia emerged into the dormitory.

On seeing her, a smile grew upon Emery's face.

"Cecy!" she called.

Cecilia looked scared for a moment, before smiling at Emery. 

"Em!" she greeted. "How do you feel? Oh, you found your hat."

Emery grinned. "Yeah, I've got loads to tell you. But before that, where have you been all day? It's almost noon."

Cecilia sighed. "I couldn't sleep last night, so I left the dormitory to go to the kitchens, and I ended up staying there for too long. When I got back, it was really late. So I woke up late," she explained. 

"I just came from having breakfast in the kitchen," Cecilia said quickly.

"Oh," said Emery. 

Cecilia hummed. "So?" she said. "Where did you find your hat? You seem in a much better mood today."

"Mh-mm," agreed Emery. "I am. In fact, I'm planning a prank. Hogwarts has gotten too boring, hasn't it?"

"Oh, Em," sighed Cecilia. "When will you ever change?"

"Never," said Emery joyously. "I'll never change. Why is everyone asking me that? Do you guys really hate me that much?"

Cecilia shook her head. "Of course not. Wherever did you get that idea from?" She sighed. "I'm merely asking when you'd grow up a little bit."

Emery raised an eyebrow, then looked down at herself. She seemed to do a mental calculation, then scoff loudly.

"Me?" she said, "grow up? Honestly, I'm tall enough. Why would you want me to grow taller?"

Cecilia sighed. "Not that way. I mean grow mature." Then, on seeing Emery's expression, her lips began to twitch upwards. "I can see you know what I mean, but you don't want to admit it, so I won't bother, because I'm in no mood for you and your silly jokes." Cecilia laughed.

Emery yawned loudly, even though she wasn't tired or sleepy. 

"Well, anyway. After herbology yesterday, I bumped into Sirius Black, and he said he had something for me. I don't know why, but I followed him, and he gave me my hat. It was wrapped so nicely, in fact," she said. 

"Oh," said Cecilia. "He said you forgot your books, so he gave them to me yesterday. I was wondering how he had them."

"Hmm," hummed Emery, not telling her cousin the reason why she forgot her books.

Then, at  once, she stopped staring into space and jumped up from the bed. 

"I've got a prank to play," she said. "Adios."

And she bounded out of the dormitory.

Two hours later, Professor McGonagall screamed and ran out of her office, shutting the door tightly behind her.

On another side of the castle, Mrs. Norris' head was stuck in an empty tuna can.

But the one who suffered the worst case was Filch.

He was locked in a broom closet in a deserted corridor on the seventh floor, banging and screaming for help, while a blonde girl laughed her head off outside.

Emery Fowl.

a/n: sorry for the crappy chapter.. i was barely thinking. excuse me. hopefully someday i will edit it to make it better.

elsie